The Jordan Peterson Thread

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Which immigration policy?

LOL at something that hasn't happened yet vs the 2 SCJ picks he's already made
I didn't say the guy is far extreme right, but I do think a subset of the people he has installed at various places of the Executive Branch are.

I also think is tendency to install political flunkies and make sure nobody contradicts the stupid sh!t he says on twitter is light years beyond anyone else recently. To be clear - Twitter isn't the issue, it's ratfckng the CDC, DNI, anyone who contradicts whatever stupid sh!t he just got done saying.

re: Stephen Miller.

I think Miller's way right wing. Rick Perry, the Bush family, Romney, lots of them appear well to the left of Miller, to me.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Putting kids in cages is a holdover policy from at least the Obama Administration.
Trump administration is the one who introduced the family separation policy and enforced it with zero tolerance. If he didn't get told to knock it off by the courts, we would still have children in concentration camps.

Agree on the initial rhetoric around Executive Order 13769, though I'd add that the main thrust was attempting to prevent additional terror attacks in the US. However I think they overreached. The Executive Order the Administration replaced that with (Executive Order 13780 and the Presidential Proclamations attached to it) stood up to a Supreme Court challenge so I think it ended up in a roughly reasonable stance.
So Muslim Ban attempt was not a far-right policy that was ruled illegal by the SCOTUS for that reason?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
re: Stephen Miller.

I think Miller's way right wing. Rick Perry, the Bush family, Romney, lots of them appear well to the left of Miller, to me.
Miller is a particularly despicable human being. In his mind, if you have brown skin and you're coming to America, it's OK for you to be treated worse than dogs.

I get that we have the right to decide who gets to live in America. Every country has that right. But you've got to treat people with dignity and respect.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Miller is a particularly despicable human being. In his mind, if you have brown skin and you're coming to America, it's OK for you to be treated worse than dogs.

I get that we have the right to decide who gets to live in America. Every country has that right. But you've got to treat people with dignity and respect.
Exactly.

Trump has Miller (and Bannon previously) as his right hand man for a reason.

But Trump is not a far-right guy, right @the janitor ? :roflmao:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Putting kids in cages is a holdover policy from at least the Obama Administration.
Yes, it family separation preceded Trump. I'm not surprised whatever randos survived the journey and paid a coyote resulted in some mixed groups where you might need to separate the children.

But "fiddling with the settings" or "putting your thumb on the scale" to exacerbate that treatment as a punitive device is a Jeff Sessions/Stephen Miller original. His antagonists on this debate wasn't AOC and Ilhan Omar. It was Kristjen Nielson.

But so far, U.S. border agents had not begun separating parents from their children to put the plan into action, and Miller, the architect of the administration's crackdown on undocumented immigrants, was furious about the delay.
Miller saw the separation of families not as an unfortunate byproduct but as a tool to deter more immigration. According to three former officials, he had devised plans that would have separated even more children. Miller, with the support of Sessions, advocated for separating all immigrant families, even those going through civil court proceedings, the former officials said.

While zero tolerance ultimately separated nearly 3,000 children from their parents, what Miller proposed would have separated 25,000 more, including those who legally presented themselves at ports of entry seeking asylum, according to Customs and Border Protection data from May and June 2018.

At the meeting, Miller accused anyone opposing zero tolerance of being a lawbreaker and un-American, according to the two officials present.

"If we don't enforce this, it is the end of our country as we know it," Miller said, according to the two officials. It was not unusual for Miller to make claims like that, but this time he was adamant that the policy move forward, regardless of arguments about resources and logistics.
This above, coming from an acolyte of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, is the same thing we heard from the Sheriff in New Jersey who said Donald Trump is the last hope for white people.

Reactions: afoaf

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Yes, it family separation preceded Trump. I'm not surprised whatever randos survived the journey and paid a coyote resulted in some mixed groups where you might need to separate the children.

But "fiddling with the settings" or "putting your thumb on the scale" to exacerbate that treatment as a punitive device is a Jeff Sessions/Stephen Miller original. His antagonists on this debate wasn't AOC and Ilhan Omar. It was Kristjen Nielson.

This above, coming from an acolyte of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, is the same thing we heard from the Sheriff in New Jersey who said Donald Trump is the last hope for white people.
OK, so Miller ramped up douchebaggery on the asylum/immigration front. I'm not sure I'd call that a far right policy, it sounds like more of a douchebag policy but I'll give it to you.

What other far right policies has Trump or the Republican Senate either attempted or successfully got across the finish line?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
y'all should paypal sharkbiscuit 20 bucks a piece for schooling you

2surf owes him 50
They should pay me 100x that because I'm dead sexy, and stuff.

OK, so Miller ramped up douchebaggery on the asylum/immigration front. I'm not sure I'd call that a far right policy, it sounds like more of a douchebag policy but I'll give it to you.

What other far right policies has Trump or the Republican Senate either attempted or successfully got across the finish line?
I call it a far-right policy because he did it to prevent "It's the end of our country as we know it" (and afoaf feels fine!) and this is a recurring theme among the White Nationalist Right. The guy is all "Camp of the Saints". (French dystopian novel that shows the destruction of Western Civilizaton due to immigrants).

I'll re-iterate I did not call Trump far right wing.

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
They should pay me 100x that because I'm dead sexy, and stuff.

I call it a far-right policy because he did it to prevent "It's the end of our country as we know it" (and afoaf feels fine!) and this is a recurring theme among the White Nationalist Right. The guy is all "Camp of the Saints". (French dystopian novel that shows the destruction of Western Civilizaton due to immigrants).

I'll re-iterate I did not call Trump far right wing.
I read in the national press here that it’s expected that due to people being out of work due to the corona, after the us opens back up 100% the government is expecting a major run on the border.

Should they be detained? How?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I read in the national press here that it’s expected that due to people being out of work due to the corona, after the us opens back up 100% the government is expecting a major run on the border.

Should they be detained? How?
I am not entirely sure what is meant by the statement "after the US opens back up 100% the government is expecting a major run on the border."

The only thing I'm aware of that is closed is legal international travel, and bars and sporting events in some jurisdictions. Everything else looks open to me, although I've been laying low on account of my Dad's precarious respiratory health. Ergo, I don't follow how the US opening back up has any bearing on illegal immigration, which is what this is about?

I think I'm missing something, but in the interest of not being difficult:

They should not 100% be detained for prosecution because of a zero tolerance policy enacted in 2018 designed to cause this to happen, for starters. That's not asylum processing. It's prosecution.

I'm not sure if being found guilty means they're incarcerated (probably in a for-profit prison) or sent back to their capital city, or what. But if you're going to detain them for a shitload of time and clog up the courts prosecuting them, and the broader GOP goal is they don't wind up on this side of the border, I'd say it'd probably be cheaper to C-130 them back to DF/Managua/San Salvador/San Pedro Sula/Tegucigalpa.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I am not entirely sure what is meant by the statement "after the US opens back up 100% the government is expecting a major run on the border."

The only thing I'm aware of that is closed is legal international travel, and bars and sporting events in some jurisdictions. Everything else looks open to me, although I've been laying low on account of my Dad's precarious respiratory health. Ergo, I don't follow how the US opening back up has any bearing on illegal immigration, which is what this is about?

I think I'm missing something, but in the interest of not being difficult:

They should not 100% be detained for prosecution because of a zero tolerance policy enacted in 2018 designed to cause this to happen, for starters. That's not asylum processing. It's prosecution.

I'm not sure if being found guilty means they're incarcerated (probably in a for-profit prison) or sent back to their capital city, or what. But if you're going to detain them for a shitload of time and clog up the courts prosecuting them, and the broader GOP goal is they don't wind up on this side of the border, I'd say it'd probably be cheaper to C-130 them back to DF/Managua/San Salvador/San Pedro Sula/Tegucigalpa.
I agree with your last sentence 100%.

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Some guy named Oakleys_N_Zinka said you were. Something about the government telling him he should call other people the pronoun they asked to be called instead of the pronoun he feels like calling them.

The struggle is real! Throw off the yoke! fook THE BOSSES!!11!!1!!11!!!!!
I just think modern wokeness is stupid and killing the left. It's a bummer. Linguistic games and emotional reasoning. Fecal is the recruiter. Burn baby burn.

:sick:

Reactions: ElOgro

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think it's a resource grab.

But that is just the way "those people" can make their grab.

Psycopaths are attached to causes.

For Jesus or far left stuff.