Hydroxychloroquine - done

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Surfdog completely pnowed. Repeatedly bitch slapped day after day. Republican lap dog extraordinaire

• Love
Reactions: hal9000

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Well let's see what you've learned; "Does hydroxychloroquine (which trump took for a couple of weeks, maybe) treat Covid19?"

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
It's only been "sold" as an early treatment or prophylactic.

Not for advanced cases, which even Remdesivir is barely 50-60% effective (1 in 2 odds of not dying)

Maybe 10-15% better than "standard" care, whatever that is?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Numbers pulled out of thin air for political motivations
From very recent BMJ (British Medical Journal) findings......

"It shows that remdesivir may be effective in reducing recovery time in patients with severe covid-19, although the certainty of the evidence is low. But remdesivir probably has no important effect on the need for mechanical ventilation and may have little or no effect on length of hospital stay.

The authors stress that "the effectiveness of most interventions is uncertain because most of the randomised controlled trials so far have been small and have important study limitations."

The authors also sound a note of caution about the potential opportunity cost of using remdesivir while the evidence base is still uncertain. As a relatively costly drug that is given intravenously, use of remdesivir may divert funds, time, attention, and workforce away from other potentially worthwhile treatments.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-experts-weak-remdesivir-severe-covid-.html

Yet, somehow Remdesivir doesn't get shot down like HCQ so vehemently? It's propped up like it's optimal, even by Fauci.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I would need to read more about remdesivir.

My bias against hydroxychloroquine is admittedly partly political, as a trump supporter's bias would be favorable to it. But our biases are independent of research

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
And only a few are mine.

Most ALL are from the recent British Medical Journal studies.

But those are hard for 1st grade level readers (mundus, Hal). Hurts heads too much.

Now we know that mundus and hal only look at the pictures or 3 word tweets.

Pretty much same thing.

Last edited:

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I would need to read more about remdesivir.

My bias against hydroxychloroquine is admittedly partly political, as a trump supporter's bias would be favorable to it. But our biases are independent of research
Glad to hear it.

(it's getting frustrating. I can't even post a thumbs up emoji now)