Defund the Police

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
isn't this exactly what the ifalls of the world want?

TEAR IT DOWN!!

STARVE THE BEAST!!

END SOSHULIZMS!!

Textbook example

Ifail has done a another 180 on his claimed deeply held beliefs all for a fat orange scumbag, very sad.

• Haha
Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
white privilege.
More white privilege

This is what you're going to start seeing if you have white gun turds doing it.

Trumby will be directly responsible for resurrecting the Black Panther Party.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

OK, now let's do educators: DEFUND ED-YOO-CAY-SHUN!!! (Which states have been doing for 15 years)

How can people think this is a good idea?
What kind of people will take the job if they are paid peanuts?
How will they afford the necessary training they need?
How does this jibe in the places where the 14th Amendment has been neutered?
Don't get me wrong, I hate government overspending more than anything and ideally I'd love to see people educate themselves but there's a lot of steps that need to happen to make that work
A legitimate function of government is to educate the populace, unfortunately, this usually takes people armed with pens, pencils, and books of the state to happen.
This is a bad idea that exists on both the left and the libertarian sides

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
$.02

I think this has more to do with NYC having a $5B police budget, and the intersection of the poorer residents' frustrations with stop and frisk and such, and the mega-wealthy for whom NYC is a place to buy a $60M luxury residence in a skyscraper to hide wealth from their home country, and they visit the place a few a times/year, and have a driver and a doorman, and they're angling for a property tax cut to decrease the carrying cost.

Also it could be about scaring the sh!t out of the departments. If a pitcher wants to brush someone back, they throw high and inside, which is distinct from beaning the batter. The electorate gets fired up about defunding the police, the rank-and-file sh!t themselves at the prospect of any threat to defined benefits plan, they become much more amenable to compromise.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
isn't this exactly what the ifalls of the world want?

TEAR IT DOWN!!

STARVE THE BEAST!!

END SOSHULIZMS!!

Textbook example

Nice try

Reread my original post

The picture you showed is an ideal situation, however, the same people who now want to neuter police have already neutered citizens' rights to protect themselves and their property

Reaching to hard

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Nice try

Reread my original post

The picture you showed is an ideal situation, however, the same people who now want to neuter police have already neutered citizens' rights to protect themselves and their property

Reaching to hard
More like a refusal to admit your obvious hypocrisy, you are giving Gromsdad a challenge for the hypocrite world championship.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I do however think we should remove the post-9/11 homeland security funding that’s providing them with all their paramilitary toys and fancy intimidating riot gear. Show up to a protest dressed for battle and what do you expect to happen?

they should take away their battle wagons too. Make them walk the beat on foot with a revolver and a night stick the old way.

So, what we need to do is eliminate the force which maintains peace, law and order so that people like you, who hate this country, can overthrow the country by force. Sure, makes sense to me.

If you want peace, then prepare for war.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
So, what we need to do is eliminate the force which maintains peace, law and order so that people like you, who hate this country, can overthrow the country by force. Sure, makes sense to me.

If you want peace, then prepare for war.

Why do you love tyranny so much?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The reality is that the cops are already administratively and bureaucratically handcuffed anyway. Read this guy's blog from Chi-raq:

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
This is an easy fix if you triple/quadruple police salaries.

If you think you're going to see a reduction in bad actors in law enforcement by reducing police funding, well . . . .

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The reality is that the cops are already administratively and bureaucratically handcuffed anyway. Read this guy's blog from Chi-raq:

The car was able to leave the scene and no injuries were reported.
You read that blog post and came to a conclusion other than this guy is a whiny pussy?

Some officers were pelted with bottles, OH N03S!!!

So, basically a mellower version of what happens every time a national team that's not Mexico takes a corner kick vs Mexico in a stadium anywhere in Mexico?

That cop couldn't enforce the rules on a halfway decent playoff game if he's menstruating about bottles.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
One reason I don't own guns is because I think I can rely on a reasonable response time from the police. That's okay, though - I can adapt.
Gun sales were up 80% last month, with the majority of the purchasers being first time owners/Democrats.

Whole lot of adapting going on out there it seems ... :bricks:

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
My anecdotal observations and learnings, they may be wildly inaccurate:

Many cops are underpaid and work 12 hour plus shifts for the overtime.

SWAT teams are frequently used to serve warrants. Those on SWAT teams get premium pay.

Punitive citations also help fund police forces. Places like Ferguson have abused this practice for years. They’re bleeding money from already poor communities.

Police can’t “retreat” or decide to ignore a call. IMO this sets them up with a “comply or else” mentality.

Police calling for backup or working with a partner and that partner second guesses or questions their judgment, guess who the a-hole is. They are in potential life and death situations.

Drugs have won the war on drugs. We should accept that and it would eliminate many of these policing issues.