Central Park Karen has been fired

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Am I a bad person for letting my dog run on the beach in the winter?
you are if there are other people around and your dog approaches them, or if you sometimes “forget” to clean up after your dog, which many dog owners seem to do

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
he was birding, in the spring, in a "wild" part of the park

the unleashed dog is a menace to humans and the wildlife

he's probably just an uber nerd
She's crazy, he's weird.

The part where he got weird was when after their initial confrontation he tries to coax her dog to him with dog treats?

And I don't know how much of a threat to wildlife a cocker spaniel really can be.

Sic 'em Tulip!!!

It's good she had that "dog" taken away from her. Psycho.

Now if you will excuse me I am taking my bunny, Mr Fluffy, for a walk. Without a leash. Hide your children.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
She was torquing and hanging that dog all over the place while she was freaking out on the phone. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ifallalot

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
All jokes aside, it’s well documented that domesticated pets like dogs and particularly cats have hugely negative impacts on wildlife populations. To a point it’s actually driven some species to or close to extinction.

I’d be happy to see Australia’s practices adopted to mitigate this
1590596083436.jpeg

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I like to hunt with my pack of cocker spaniels. You haven't seen savage until you have watched 30 cocker spaniels rip an endangered species to shreds!!

Uh oh. I think I'm getting hard.

Cell bitch!!! Get over here.

Hold all my calls for five minutes please...

In all seriousness, I have trained a cocker spaniel to hunt.

He scours the beach for the dirty diapers the tourists leave behind. Cleans that sh!t up.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
All jokes aside, it’s well documented that domesticated pets like dogs and particularly cats have hugely negative impacts on wildlife populations. To a point it’s actually driven some species to or close to extinction.

I’d be happy to see Australia’s practices adopted to mitigate this
View attachment 91723
Is that a domestic cat or some sort of wild variety? Just asking cause it looks really big for a domestic. I'm not a cat person so my knowledge of the vile critters is limited.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I've never met a cocker spaniel that was sociable.
Their weird. As are their owners.

I hate it when people turn their unleashed kids loose on the beach though. The running, the screaming, the crying, the discarded juice boxes, diapers, hell, last summer I stepped on a Lego piece discarded in the sand. I spent 5 hours in the ER.

Leash the little bastards.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Pretty sure all spaniels are bird hunting dogs
:ROFLMAO:

They kind of need a guy with a gun to make that work. And I believe the last time a cocker spaniel flushed some birds for a hunter was in the late 1800's.

The bulldog was bred to attack bulls. If you sent a modern English bulldog after a bull he'd have a heart attack before he got out of the mini van.

Gird up your loins, pull on some penny loafers with no socks, a nice sport coat and venture outside and brave the fluffy spaniels.

Karen and the Cocker Spaniels is the name of my new gay thrash metal band.

In all seriousnes cockers actually bite frequently. They are even subject to something called rage syndrome. The reason this never makes the news is when a cocker bites you, typically you apply a bandaide and move on.

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
:ROFLMAO:

They kind of need a guy with a gun to make that work. And I believe the last time a cocker spaniel flushed some birds for a hunter was in the late 1800's.
I think idea is spaniels are small enough that they won’t rock the boat when they leap out into the water to grab the duck you’ve shot or whatever

people buy them for their looks but they still have the hunting instincts from breeding

• Haha
Reactions: GWS_2

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Their constant yapping is going to ruin a birdwatcher's program. **** them off enough to start harassing someone who is letting one run around off leash.

The whole purpose of filming someone against their will is to either trigger them into doing something stupid in front of the camera or otherwise frustrate them for being unable to respond to the hostility in kind. It's always an act of aggression no matter who is on either side of the camera.

Body cams on cops have weaponized their trolling abilities. They definitely use them as an act of aggression. Win-win for those on other side who are capable of acting for the camera. Lose-lose for those on either side who are incapable of such restraint.

Last edited:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I think idea is spaniels are small enough that they won’t rock the boat when they leap out into the water to grab the duck you’ve shot or whatever

people buy them for their looks but they still have the hunting instincts from breeding
No dude. It was a field dog. They scamper through the brush and scare birdies so the hunter can plug them. Most importantly bring them back to the hunter so fat pig doesn't have to walk. They were trained to flush woodcock. Hence the name. Those things would drown if you threw them in after a duck. They can operate in a marsh however. Or at least they could. Working capabilities in any breed can easily be lost in a couple of generations if you don't performance breed. Many of our dogs are no longer capable of performing the tasks they were initially bred for. I have a pitbull that gets his ass kicked my Australian feral cat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Ocean