Twitter fact checks POTUS!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That we are even discussing banning the President from twitter for slander shows how far this country has sunk. With great power comes great responsibility and we all know Trump takes zero responsibility for anything when in charge.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Now dictator Don is threatening to shut down twitter, lets hear it from the small govt/free market rubes, is it ok for the cult leader like everything else?

Reactions: $kully and hal9000

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
This is actually an interesting point. Craigslist got rid of their hook up section because of the fear of prosecution from people using it prostitution. That could be applied to twitter in a situation where someone commits slander.

It’s a stretch and I wouldn’t want that to happen but....
They either editorialize all content or no content. If you selectively editorialize you are legally responsible for that which you don't editorialize.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Now dictator Don is threatening to shut down twitter, lets hear it from the small govt/free market rubes, is it ok for the cult leader like everything else?
Don’t think he should do that. Don’t think he should have the power to that. Don’t have too much of an issue with him expressing his opinion about it though.

I’m also acutely aware that he isn’t the first politician to lie constantly.

PS: Gavin Newsom shut down an entire state and you supported that.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You do know that if you don't use Twitter, that won't stop the idiot from spreading his lies and misinformation to millions of people?

That's the equivalent of putting the earmuffs on while the Rome is burning.

View attachment 91693
Yeah, Trump‘s late night ramblings on twitter is exactly like that.

Are you concerned about the daily spread of misinformation on cable news? Trump does not have a monopoly on misinformation.

Here’s how I’ve made myself a happier person in general.

1. No TV
2. No FB or twitter
3. Help others whenever and wherever I can

Reactions: Billy Ocean

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Don’t think he should do that. Don’t think he should have the power to that. Don’t have too much of an issue with him expressing his opinion about it though.

I’m also acutely aware that he isn’t the first politician to lie constantly.

PS: Gavin Newsom shut down an entire state and you supported that.
If you don't realize that Trump lies more than any President ever you are as brainwashed as any rube. Are you really comparing a lockdown during a pandemic to lying and slandering people on Twitter?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
but isn’t it kind of true that it’s not really about trump?

he is a symbol for all that you hate about America

some of us feel passionately about extra long ties, hot gold diggers and limited vocabulary
well....I hate him, yes. And, yes, he symbolizes much of what I don’t like about this country.

You’re allowed to criticize your country and your culture. Dissent is one of the most essential qualities of being American.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Donald Trump has threatened to “strongly regulate” or close down social media platforms that do not meet his standards for ideological balance, a day after Twitter, for the first time, slapped a warning label on a pair of Trump tweets spreading lies about mail-in voting.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Why does the left even give half a f--k? A GOP staffer dies in a GOP rep's office and a GOP President does a touchdown dance on her dead body. Everywhere the GOP goes, there the GOP is.
Trump hasn't made my dick this hard since he told Jeb Bush and the entire GOP that Iraq was a complete waste of time and money.

Trump lies the most but his lies don't matter. Try Johnson, Nixon, W, etc. I've never had to hike through a jungle in Vietnam carrying a piece of sh!t M-16, sweating my balls off, slapping skeeters, and getting shot at.

Thanks Trumpbama!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Nope, not ok at all

Gotcha fail

Although since half, if not more of Twitter functions by hanging on Don's every breathe it's a shitty business decision for @Jack to ban him anyway

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Definitely keep the govt out of Twitter's business. That's a lefty move. That's a move you make when you don't trust media users to make their own choices about what they do and don't want to consume.

Twitter needs to swing the ban hammer in order to curate what politics its users can and can't consume on that platform. Tagging Trump's tweets won't be enough because then Trump will just turn their editorial commenting around on them.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
well....I hate him, yes. And, yes, he symbolizes much of what I don’t like about this country.

You’re allowed to criticize your country and your culture. Dissent is one of the most essential qualities of being American.
so you don’t deny you are playa hating

good