“I can’t breathe” 2.0

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
making this a left v right issue shows how base your reasoning faculties are

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Its a left wing city and state so what you say doesn't surprise me. Pre-meditation to me takes place when people are clearly telling him that the man is unconscious and the officer fails to relent. Had he relented at that moment I could see a lesser charge than 1st degree. By continuing for several more minutes after the guy is motionless clearly crosses the 1st degree line to me.
It doesn’t matter what pre-meditation means to you. What the video shows (in and of itself) does not meet the legal definition of it.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
That's murder. Death penalty for the cop.

Democrat run city and democrat run state as usual. Regardless, its the summer before an election where the democrat presidential candidate is likely to lose. Expect democrats to exploit the hell out of this situation.
you‘ve really out-stupided yourself this time.

Reactions: sirfun

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
If you think the left isn't already using this as a left v right issue you're not paying attention. I found out about this issue by seeing a left wing meme linking this to a second rate 3rd string quarterback.
interesting that you chose to make a cheap, and not particularly wel-crafted, political point instead of expressing compassion for the victim and criticizing Americas law enforcement problem.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
If you think the left isn't already using this as a left v right issue you're not paying attention. I found out about this issue by seeing a left wing meme linking this to a second rate 3rd string quarterback.
? Right wingers are pro Police misconduct? I don't think so. The Right is not pro Police misconduct. Kaepernick, who could at times be fantastic at quarterback, was protesting Police misconduct. Right wingers and Left wingers would join to support him, as both groups are opposed to Police misconduct.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
? Right wingers are pro Police misconduct? I don't think so. The Right is not pro Police misconduct. Kaepernick, who could at times be fantastic at quarterback, was protesting Police misconduct. Right wingers and Left wingers would join to support him, as both groups are opposed to Police misconduct.
I agree, and I don’t think this is a partisan issue. Unless you’re a racist and/or authoritarian.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I want to show you all my Stanford admission essay. Since I applied to their engineering school, I wrote a program to write the essay for me. Meritocracy!
#BlackLivesMatter #BlackLivesMatter #BlackLivesMatter #BlackLivesMatter #BlackLivesMatter #BlackLivesMatter
#BlackLivesMatter #BlackLivesMatter #BlackLivesMatter #BlackLivesMatter #BlackLivesMatter #BlackLivesMatter

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
really, now let's see your GPA, SAT , ACT scores and your record of community service.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
interesting that you chose to make a cheap, and not particularly wel-crafted, political point instead of expressing compassion for the victim and criticizing Americas law enforcement problem.
I said the police officer should get the death penalty. How much harsher can I get with the police officer. Will you join me in support of the death penalty for this crime?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I said the police officer should get the death penalty. How much harsher can I get with the police officer. Will you join me in support of the death penalty for this crime?
I can't. There's a principle in English common law that you don't punish one set of people worse than others for equivalent crimes. The offense of this crime was aggravated by the fact that the officer is a public servant and in higher office and authority. However, the assault was likely aggravated (footage will tell). Other than that, we don't execute drug dealers and abortionists or illegal immigrants who shoot cops so we shouldn't execute this guy. The Somali Minneapolis cop who deliberately shot the Australian woman didn't get the death penalty either. He only got 12.5 years.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
How could this be partisan? How would someone make it partisan?
So you condemn the left wingers already posting memes about this trying to use it to gain political advantage? Saw one this morning posted by a former ASP surfer with what appears to be a photoshopped picture of the officer in question or someone who looks like him wearing a particular baseball cap. You condemn stuff like that, right.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Convenient dodge.
Do you mean a MAGA hat? MAGA hats aren't baseball caps. Speak correctly if you want to be understood. A MAGA hat is a MAGA hat, a hate symbol. Why would someone photoshop a hate symbol on someone? That would be wrong. I condemn that.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot