Matt Biolos sounds like a Whiney bitch

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
A bunch of clueless and ignorantly obedient rule followers on here just passively marching over the edge of the cliff.

Matt is right. Our government has gone rogue.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
this is all the breakdown I needed.

thank you, sir.
Guess people aren't allowed to change their minds as more information comes to light?

Guess once a person acts selfishly they're barred?

If I lived by these principles I literally would have nobody to speak with. It basically excludes all of humanity.

Reactions: gbg

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If you don't vote, then don't complain who got elected.

Why not?

Politics is a fool's game.

A bunch of shitty corrupt people by nature.

You don't have to engage in the game, but you can watch from afar and opine and complain. Nothing wrong with that.

Disengage, observe the behavior of politicians and those who engage in the political process and you will lose interest in the stupidity.

Then have a conversation with the average voter and see how dumb, uniformed, and close-minded they are. Majority are just playing team sports.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Why not?

Politics is a fool's game.

A bunch of shitty corrupt people by nature.

You don't have to engage in the game, but you can watch from afar and opine and complain. Nothing wrong with that.

Disengage, observe the behavior of politicians and those who engage in the political process and you will lose interest in the stupidity.

Then have a conversation with the average voter and see how dumb, uniformed, and close-minded they are. Majority are just playing team sports.
This.

Individuals on both teams compromise on major issues that their party is supposed to support EVERYTIME.

The lesser of two evils is what got us to where we are...well that and lobbying.

Politicians are 99% of the time the worst sort of people.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
This is a load of crap.

2016 choice for prez - Clinton or Trump. Neither are worthy of my vote.
It's your right to vote or not.

But, there are more to elections than just the president.

Not even bothering to register and vote in your state and local elections does render your subsequent online complaining somewhat toothless, in my opinion.

Also, I don't disagree with the 2016 presidential election being one between two different flavors of sh!t sandwiches but I think at this point, given our current circumstances, it's pretty clear that we should have elected the sh!t sandwhich who believes in science.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I registered to vote, went to the polls, chose between the candidates. I also went to jury selection, got selected, and showed up, unlike one of the parties.

If you are going to turn a wooden nickel shaping surfboards, I would not be surprised if your mind tells you the cost/benefit analysis yields lost productivity to jury duty with nary a tangible, quantifiable benefit and about zero likelihood you will be the one vote in a place like Orange Clownty.

Likewise if you are going to not do what many feel is your civic duty, I would not be surprised if your opinions are instead forwarded directly to trash.

YMMV

Reactions: Q_Surf

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Don't know the guy, not crazy about his online persona. What I do know, he builds nice user friendly surfboards and that is what matters to me.

Reactions: potato-nator

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
It's your right to vote or not.

But, there are more to elections than just the president.

Not even bothering to register and vote in your state and local elections does render your subsequent online complaining somewhat toothless, in my opinion.

Also, I don't disagree with the 2016 presidential election being one between two different flavors of sh!t sandwiches but I think at this point, given our current circumstances, it's pretty clear that we should have elected the sh!t sandwhich who believes in science.
Our governor, Lord Gavin, SAYS the word science a lot. He says he’s basing his opening and closing decisions on “science and data” yet he never cites anything scientific and he never cites data.

Reactions: urchined

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
And this illustrates what I'm saying - the ridiculous thinking of the majority of the electorate - and why for the most part I choose not to participate.

"If Hillary had won we wouldn't be in these circumstances right now."

There is no reasoned logic behind that statement.

There is no such thing as a president who would have taken decisive action in January (when decisive action may have helped - probably not). Decisive action would have entailed things like totally shutting down all travel, business, invoking the DPA, etc. The country simply would not have stood for it. End of January Fauci was still saying on TV the virus would not be a problem for the United States.

In mid March we had major presidential candidates (Sanders explicitly, and Biden in some way) saying they wouldn't have halted travel from China or elsewhere. In MID FVCKING MARCH for chrissakes.

In other words, all three major presidential candidates - Trump, Biden, and Sanders - would get and F rating at handling the virus. Sanders would have very likely been disastrous.

The only thing that would have likely been different would be the optics and the media.

Reactions: surfthis

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
And this illustrates what I'm saying - the ridiculous thinking of the majority of the electorate - and why for the most part I choose not to participate.

"If Hillary had won we wouldn't be in these circumstances right now."

There is no reasoned logic behind that statement.
Good thing that's not what Aruka said. He distinctly said sh!t sandwiches, plural, not sailing through a pandemic unscathed. Or anywhere close to it.

There were more than two choices in the multiple choice portion of the scantron, as well as an essay option for those of you whose pronouns are LLC/LLCs, and they provided this to the state with the citizens already documented as too stupid to operate multiple choice voting forms.
Nothing stopped you from Feeling the Bern, or maybe you wanted to Feel the Johnson?

Pretty much every cycle I come across an article with some list of the write-ins and how many votes they got. I guarantee you if we meme magic'd "My Local Shaper" into relevance it would achieve not much and a hell of a lot more than doing nothing.

Uncle Lou got his Congressman to call him back when he left a message shouting about how the politicians do jack sh!t but sell stock and send everyone else back to work first, and to see to the important matter of College Football. This got a callback in one day.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Man...what happens when we find out Biolos used another shaper's tail design and only indirectly referenced the scene rather than the specific shaper on instagram.
A whole lot of jack sh!t, with more hands thrown at a corpo circlejerk an hour inland from East Coast dogshit in Orlando by a hipster wearing a beanie indoors vs a hipster wearing vintage sunglasses indoors?

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
He has the same vibe as the hyperbro SRH dooshes from the 90s PB bar scene.