*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
I honestly think that's the way to go. When you look at a map 100 years ago, it looks completely different than today: Prussia's gone, the USSR is gone, the Austro-Hungarian empire is gone. Will the USA be different? We're not unified except on paper and under a currency.
you never know.

might dove tail with collapse of the US dollar and/or the solvency of the US government itself should the world decide to sell off US treasuries en masse.

crazy times.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Longer article, but worth the read....

Reactions: PJ

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
wait i want Maine NH and VT too, wtf
You'll have them by default when Massachusetts re-opens. 90% of New Hampshire will be able to commute to their jobs in Greater Boston, 10% of New Hampshire will be able to re-open their stores that sell sh!t to people from Greater Boston.

Nobody will care about Maine for another 6 weeks and Phish isn't touring and Ben n Jerry's isn't closed, so Vermont's same-same.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
New York City coronavirus death toll jumps as city includes probable deaths

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-york-city-coronavirus-death-toll-jumps-as-city-includes-probable-deaths-2020-04-14?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts

Anyone think these extra 3778 deaths with NO positive case of COVID-19 will be "valid" in the "official" CDC counts?

Why do they feelz the need to add these now? Can't they wait for more review of actual cause of death?

COVID-19 deaths aren't piling up fast enough it seems?

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
It's starting to become a hard sell but they're still trying. Riots in Ohio and NC to open things back up. Nurses making tik tok videos of choreographed dances in empty hospitals. It's over. No one believes it anymore.

Reactions: stringcheese

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
Sorry...confusing wording. What I mean is that people are coming to the realization of a few things: Maybe the virus isn't as bad as we thought, maybe the gov't isn't really interested in my well being all that much and why do the goal posts keep being moved, we can keep doing this but at what cost and when does it end?

I've noticed a big shift in attitude over the weekend and all of last week.

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
It was never going to work to shut the country down for two months. This has become especially obvious now that the so called experts are predicting a second wave in the fall.

Not that anyone really believes the "experts" any longer, given how often they have changed their story.

I go back to this: we should have quarantined the old and infirm, and everyone else went about their business and kids went to school. Develop herd immunity and there will be no second wave.

Reactions: ~rwright~

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Sorry...confusing wording. What I mean is that people are coming to the realization of a few things: Maybe the virus isn't as bad as we thought, maybe the gov't isn't really interested in my well being all that much and why do the goal posts keep being moved, we can keep doing this but at what cost and when does it end?

I've noticed a big shift in attitude over the weekend and all of last week.
You're assuming that the social distancing didn't affect the rate of infection.

What if the thing you don't like is the thing thwarting the virus?

How do you know it's not?

Reactions: CutnSnip

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
No I believe it worked but also that the initial predictions were BS scare tactics from the get go. But apparently the goal post has changed. We can now start planning to open things back up with restrictions and the hospitals will be fine as long as we roll it out slowly, but apparently that's not the goal anymore? We have now switched to "if it saves one life we must keep doing it", and people aren't having it. We were lied to. Things are getting real fucky and people can see that now.

Bottom line, we can't keep doing what we are doing now for much longer, especially with no end in sight. If lock down is the only thing thwarting the virus then we have some very hard decisions to make. This was always gonna be the problem with lock down.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Gavin Newsome leading the pvssy charge today, saying that if everyone behaves themselves and does exactly as they are told, maybe in two more weeks we can hear some of his plan for incrementally coming out of hiding, as long as we're prepared to go right back in if he says so.

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Cool to see the West coast banding together in these trying times.

The "Oregon Kicks Ass and California Is Just Okay Nation State" has a real ring to it and I'm glad we have all agreed that's what it will be called moving forward.
best part is we'll all have the same license plate now so the Sprinter Vans can prowl the Oregon coast with impunity.

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
No I believe it worked but also that the initial predictions were BS scare tactics from the get go. But apparently the goal post has changed. We can now start planning to open things back up with restrictions and the hospitals will be fine as long as we roll it out slowly, but apparently that's not the goal anymore? We have now switched to "if it saves one life we must keep doing it", and people aren't having it. We were lied to. Things are getting real fucky and people can see that now.

Bottom line, we can't keep doing what we are doing now for much longer, especially with no end in sight. If lock down is the only thing thwarting the virus then we have some very hard decisions to make. This was always gonna be the problem with lock down.
bob,

this is not helping your case to enter the Pact. not at all.

you're really going to have to turn things around if you want entry to the Pact or even access to your gmail account. yeah, the big tech. companies are on board with retribution.

signed,

Pact Gate Keeper