This is about to get worse

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

I skipped the part where he delved into the science.

But

He says we might need to stop listening to the doctors?

I'm already hearing doctors saying what he's saying. At least privately.

And I can assure you Fauci likely feels the same way.

He's just going to have to ease people into it.

Unless you get a system of source/contact tracing up and running - something that takes years to put together - you're back to square one.

Reactions: Ifallalot

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I skipped the part where he delved into the science.

But

He says we might need to stop listening to the doctors?

I'm already hearing doctors saying what he's saying. At least privately.

And I can assure you Fauci likely feels the same way.

He's just going to have to ease people into it.
Ive received so many links regarding this deal. Many ways to look at it and we make our own decisions on how to. Im not saying I am agreeing or disagreeing with the link.

My brain can actually digest this one easier:

Reactions: Woke AF

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You used to say live and let live,

You know you did

I'm a 55%er. :poop:

The problem is that you don't know if you are a 5%er if you ain't got yet.

I feel like I should be able to use my immunity to get laid.

It might not be realistic and I feel it.

Last edited:

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
My company is fully operational. The management and up don’t care about us. There is no plan. Only hiding information. Every time I step in the office I tell myself “don’t be a tough guy, dont be a fool”

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
The difference is that in London during the blitz, they were using prevention (air raid siren alert system) and they had a pretty effective cure (bomb shelters, aka the Tube).

Many more would have died if they didn't have those two things in place.

Which is exactly what social distancing and partial shutdown is.

If you are going to compare the two, at least make a valid nuanced comparison.

Going back to work as normal during covid would be like going to work during the blitz and ignoring the sirens.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
That's why you won't be going back to work "as normal."

But more or less so.

I would love for someone to offer up a realistic alternative.

I'm all ears.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
That's why you won't be going back to work "as normal."

But more or less so.

I would love for someone to offer up a realistic alternative.

I'm all ears.
Widely available testing.

Antibody testing.

Then go to work.

Why the fück Trump can get test results in 15 minutes but GWS has to wait 7-8 days?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Widely available testing.

Antibody testing.

Then go to work.
Good luck getting the reagent.

Everybody on the planet wants, and will continue to want, reagent, on a scale never before seen.

No reagent, no test.

Why the fück Trump can get test results in 15 minutes
Link?

but GWS has to wait 7-8 days?
Reagent shortages.

For instance, we can run 1000 tests a day but last I heard we were only running 70 due to reagent shortages.

Our inpatients get results in less than 15 hours.

We need to know so we don't waste PPE.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Okay so that's the alternative you asked for

Wait for reagent.

Then go to back work. Until then, banks should bail us out like we bailed them out.

"The doctor added that the president had been tested by a new rapid point-of-care test that delivered results in 15 minutes."

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Okay so that's the alternative you asked for

Wait for reagent.

Then go to back work. Until then, banks should bail us out like we bailed them.

"The doctor added that the president had been tested by a new rapid point-of-care test that delivered results in 15 minutes."

So he was tested again.

Not the first time, when he had to wait just like everyone else who takes the standard test.

Trump got the test because the White House appropriately has one of the machines.

The rest of the machines are being deployed to Indian reservations, nursing homes, and rural areas.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Remember when they were all saying 1-2 million?

And still flagellating themselves over 100,000-200,000?
I think it could've gotten to 200k without any mitigation. With the current mitigation, I think we're headed for 60k, or the 2017/2018 flu season.

Reactions: Ifallalot

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Good luck getting the reagent.

Everybody on the planet wants, and will continue to want, reagent, on a scale never before seen.

No reagent, no test.

Reagent shortages.

For instance, we can run 1000 tests a day but last I heard we were only running 70 due to reagent shortages.

Our inpatients get results in less than 15 hours.

We need to know so we don't waste PPE.
This is all stuff we should be making: reagents, PPE (duh), vents. This is not stuff we should be making overseas in the pandemic epicenter.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
We'd have to have EVERYONE tested every day or 2, and it would have to be near instantaneous results. It would be like 1984 where everyone is scanned, screened approved, or disapproved for public/work access. Problem is, people are carriers and virulent up to 3 days before it would even show up on a test, let alone show symptoms, I've read.

I feel we're going to have to eventually just bite the bullet, use strict social distancing, public cleanliness, and common sense about illness (stay home, away from others, particularly elderly/high risk), and get people back to work and some sense of "normalcy" by early-mid May or June 1st at the very latest. Longer than that, and many businesses won't be coming back, if ever.

Otherwise, our free society and robust economic freedoms we've enjoyed will be a memory of the "good ole days" for years after. A FORCED Great Depression that will mentally harm and kill more people than the virus ever would.

This virus is NOT a death sentence for a vast majority, and it seems the MSM/Dems are hinting/pushing this narrative a bit more each day with the FUBAR conditions in NYC taking all media attention and focus on worse case scenarios for everyone. It's like literally NOTHING else is happening in the world.

There's STILL counties in the west, some........... that have ZERO positive cases recorded. Should these locations be treated the EXACT same way places like NYC, urban LA, and other dense urban metros be treated for weeks if not months on end?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
This is all stuff we should be making: reagents, PPE (duh), vents. This is not stuff we should be making overseas in the pandemic epicenter.
We can do this to an extent but probably not near to the extent we need to.

And then there's the issue with getting the raw materials...

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
As I said almost a month ago here, this COVID-19 is like the flu on steroids.

I should've added, for the elderly and compromised immunity (co-morbidity potentials)

A small minority of younger, "healthy" may succumb also, but a bad flu season does that too, and randomly. Will this will be like a bad flu season x 2, or x 4, when it comes to total deaths, and confirmed cases worldwide (hopefully). Some have said up to 10x flu season deaths, but that's probably absolute worse case, with very little proactive measures, and unlikely still.

A bad flu season affects 1 BILLION world-wide and KILLS 300,000 to 650,000 each year (20k-60k USA EACH YEAR).

Those "seem" to be acceptable deaths in the past. Will they be in the future?