Seems like the USA is being exposed

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Maybe we don’t really have our shirt together as much as we thought we did. Damn. Lessons learned the hard way.

Reactions: Billy Ocean

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I agree

At the same time, there’s more countries that have f’d this up than managed it well

South Korea and Japan seem to be handling it

no one else

their cultures probably have a lot to do with it

Americans just want to sass the teacher

which is cool usually but not now

Reactions: FecalFace and afoaf

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I agree

At the same time, there’s more countries that have f’d this up than managed it well

South Korea and Japan seem to be handling it

no one else

their cultures probably have a lot to do with it

Americans just want to sass the teacher

which is cool usually but not now
There's a reason why the East Asian countries/cultures bow to each other in greetings, it seems?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
As much wealth as there is in our country our infrastructure should be much better. Our healthcare much better. Our phone and internet systems should be better. Something is wrong.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I mean, let’s face it, with the exception of Hawaii our waves pretty much suck

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
As much wealth as there is in our country our infrastructure should be much better. Our healthcare much better. Our phone and internet systems should be better. Something is wrong.
what if coming out of this there is a realization that there’s a massive over investment in real estate over tech infrastructure, that its cheaper and more efficient all around for people to work from home whenever possible?

Reactions: Kento

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Almost everything we do as a nation and society is geared towards short-term gain. Long-term contingency planning and investment isn't a big priority, we operate more on an ignore/panic/ignore cycle when things go wrong.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Who is responsible for these things? A giant centralized government? Your state government? Your county government? Your home town's government? Not government at all but rather private enterprise?

You're apparently a communist. Change my mind.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Who is responsible for these things? A giant centralized government? Your state government? Your county government? Your home town's government? Not government at all but rather private enterprise?

1585398414544.png

1585398505578.png

Reactions: kidfury

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The weak link everywhere is the healthcare system

Should we hold a giant, US military-sized standing army of healthcare workers, equipment, and facilities at all times just so a virus can't bring the economy to its knees?

How do we pay for this? How do we keep it from being the monstrosity that the military is? This can't happen again. We can't risk all of us for a relative few