Malaria drug mentioned by Trump "cured" this guy

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What I have heard is doctors self prescribing and prescribing for family and friends "just in case."

And that this is going on on a large scale.

Unethical to the max.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
we aren't in full dystopia yet, thus the AMA and the Food and Drug Administration has not given up on saying what doctors can do.
if this turns out to kill people anyone involved is done.
When in an unprecedented (in modern times) situation the "rules" change a bit.

Now, giving it to a patient who has contraindications is a different story.

Also, you are forgetting this drug is already widely prescribed for a variety of conditions.

Last edited:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Well it was the type used to treat fish tanks for algae that killed the Arizona man. Which is apparently the same chemical structure.

that being said this is a direct result of trump lying to the public that choloroquine was approved by the FDA as a safe and viable option to treat COVID19.

you can’t make this sh!t up.

we have gone past clown world.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Well it was the type used to treat fish tanks for algae that killed the Arizona man. Which is apparently the same chemical structure.

that being said this is a direct result of trump lying to the public that choloroquine was approved by the FDA as a safe and viable option to treat COVID19.

Death Cult. They will drink whatever Kool Aid Crumby gives them.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Donald Trump basically saved this man's life

long live Donald Trump

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

It might make you feel good to think that.

But reality is that what Trump mentioned about Plaquenil a few days ago is nothing new.

ICU docs I work with were already talking to physicians in Europe and Asia about using it along with zinc weeks ago.

Also, there was plenty of information on the internet on it as well.

Not to mention plenty of BS on social media.

That was long before your concern over "2g doses" :ROFLMAO:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
It might make you feel good to think that.

But reality is that what Trump mentioned about Plaquenil a few days ago is nothing new.

ICU docs I work with were already talking to physicians in Europe and Asia about using it along with zinc weeks ago.

Also, there was plenty of information on the internet on it as well.

Not to mention plenty of BS on social media.

That was long before your concern over "2g doses" :ROFLMAO:
I wasn’t the one with concerned about 2g, or less, doses having major poisoning side effects. I was responding with evidence that the 2g to as low as .3g had very adverse effects and OD to others concerns about it.

I already stated that the initial, yet small trials, were promising. :rolleyes:

"It's shown very encouraging -- very, very encouraging early results. And we're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately. And that's where the FDA has been so great. They -- they've gone through the approval process; it's been approved. And they did it -- they took it down from many, many months to immediate. So we're going to be able to make that drug available by prescription or states,"

So how do you feel about trump lying to the public about Chloroquine being approved by FDA against COVID19?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I wasn’t the one with concerned about 2g, or less, doses having major poisoning side effects. I was responding with evidence that the 2g to as low as .3g had very adverse effects and OD to others concerns about it.

I already stated that the initial, yet small trials, were promising. :rolleyes:

"It's shown very encouraging -- very, very encouraging early results. And we're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately. And that's where the FDA has been so great. They -- they've gone through the approval process; it's been approved. And they did it -- they took it down from many, many months to immediate. So we're going to be able to make that drug available by prescription or states,"

So how do you feel about trump lying to the public about Chloroquine being approved by FDA against COVID19?

I feel he needs to STFU.

But don't worry.

Biden will save us.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The usual suspects are rooting against this being a cure because it might help #badorangeman.
It's not a cure, but it's something that may be a lifesaving treatment.

The fact people are essentially rooting against it is bizarre.

After Trump mentioned it there was a proliferation of internet DEADLY 2G DOSE! fearmongering about the drug.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
It's not a cure, but it's something that may be a lifesaving treatment.

The fact people are essentially rooting against it is bizarre.

After Trump mentioned it there was a proliferation of internet DEADLY 2G DOSE! fearmongering about the drug.
Who is rooting against it?

the one you need to be concerned about here is trump.

he is literally touting the drug as being the cure and FDA approved when it’s neither at this time.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I already provided links that provided the info to the contrary :rolleyes:
No, you didn't.

You provided links with a story about a woman who took too many pills for a total of 1.95g

and another where a child got ahold of several pills

These were not prescribed doses.

Kinda like when people OD on Tylenol and die.