LICENSING AND PERMITTING 4 UR PROTEKSHUN

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
But what do you think licensing and permitting is besides an income generator?
I like to think it is a way of ensuring a minimum standard of performance/safety/competence.

PS
The Florida thing seems like a case of entrapment, but at the same time, if these guys were advertising their work.......well.....

Reactions: FecalFace

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Agreed about drug possession - theft not so much. At least have them lose a finger if not a hand.

Con artists like Madoff are bad. People who allow others to die in order to maximize corporate profits like the Boeing CEO? They are even worse. I would rain holy fire on them: Life without parole in maximum security prison with the murderers and rapists, seizure of all net worth (trusts, pensions, EVERYTHING) to the point that the average homeless junkie has more assets, and then redistribute that net worth to the families of the victims with absolutely zero lawyer cut.
I just counted up all the licenses certifications that I have to legally do my work...

Almost all of them have to be renewed every 2 years (usually requires taking a test) and the rest are every year.

no joke.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
39? WTF?

Geology board just wants money every two years but I can expense it.

Oh and the usual OSHA refresher.

Last edited:

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
I sure wish the CSLB would come stake out my town.
Waaaay to many 'handyman' around here. Asking/charging out licensed contractor rates.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
a) I've never argued with a contractor. All issues have been with 1)work not completed or 2)work not completed properly.
b) I do not go cheap or unlicensed.
c) You have a way about you where you are very sure of yourself when pointing out supposed faults in other people but are often very wrong.

I can also share those retaining wall PMs of me "arguing" here if you don't mind and you can point out all the arguing I was doing (hint: there wasn't any between either of us)...that OK with you?
Dude, you are,doing it right now.
[QUOTE="casa_mugrienta]
c) You have a way about you where you are very sure of yourself when pointing out supposed faults in other people but are often very wrong.
[/QUOTE]
In very sure of myself because I've been doing it for four decades. If I say something is done wrong, it is because it is done wrong.

You argue so much, you don't even realize when you are arguing. You listen so little, you don't realize when you aren't listening.

But sure, licenses aren't needed, it is all a revenue grab from the government.

Boy, you sure told me!

• Love
Reactions: manbearpig

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Well since u mentioned it, the CSLB just asked for volunteers to let them borrow a house or a jobsite to conduct a sting operation.
good idea! i just happen to be doing many home renovations on my own house, maybe I should volunteer........

do you know anybody who's volunteered their house?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Ifall don't need no protection. He does Mui Thai. He can kick those germs right in the knee.
ifallalot might know war hammer combat and be working on the vacant downstairs unit. Holy fuck how much banging can there fucking be shut the fuck up already you absolute retards. I could demo every abandoned house in Detroit, Camden, and Baltimore with damn framing hammer in less amount of racket.

Wish our old office lease expired in March. I like working from home too but SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THE FUCKING SLEDGE GODDAMN HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO FUCKING HIT SOMETHING THIS PLACE IS MADE OF TERMITE sh!t HELD TOGETHER WITH DUCT TAPE UNFUCK YOURSELVES.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
ifallalot might know war hammer combat and be working on the vacant downstairs unit. Holy fook how much banging can there fucking be shut the fook up already you absolute retards. I could demo every abandoned house in Detroit, Camden, and Baltimore with damn framing hammer in less amount of racket.

Wish our old office lease expired in March. I like working from home too but SHUT THE fook UP WITH THE FUCKING SLEDGE GODDAMN HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO FUCKING HIT SOMETHING THIS PLACE IS MADE OF TERMITE sh!t HELD TOGETHER WITH DUCT TAPE UNFUCK YOURSELVES.
It's not how hard you hit it, or how many times you hit it, but WHERE you hit it.

Kinda like sex

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
39? WTF?

Geology board just wants money every two years but I can expense it.

Oh and the usual OSHA refresher.
contractor (2)
specific state licenses
Several ICC certs
Safety certs
Hazmat
Some jurisdictions have their own certification requirements (4)

And manufacturer certs for every goddamn component I touch and every piece of equipment I use.

And the latest one is that i have to get ant-terrorism training for access to certain military bases.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
contractor
specific state licenses
Several ICC certs
Safety certs
Hazmat

And manufacturer certs for every goddamn component I touch and every piece of equipment I use.

And the latest one is that i have to get ant-terrorism training for access to certain military bases.
THAT JUST MAKES YOU A BETTER CONTRACTOR!!!!

How many hundreds of dollars do you have to pay for the privilege to be able to do you job?

"If it pleases the crown...."

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
contractor
specific state licenses
Several ICC certs
Safety certs
Hazmat

I forgot about the anti-terrorism training. Had to take that too at one point. Was pretty ridiculous.

Then there was the tortoise training for Edwards AFB. I lost my sticker - alas.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's not how hard you hit it, or how many times you hit it, but WHERE you hit it.

Kinda like sex
Yeah well there's a gang rape going on downstairs and I never felt like I had a strong opinion if rape was a crime of passion or violence or power, but I'm swiftly coming around to the line of thinking that it's a crime of violence.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I forgot about the anti-terrorism training. Had to take that too at one point. Was pretty ridiculous.

Then there was the tortoise training for Edwards AFB. I lost my sticker - alas.
The terrorism stuff is for Edwards. No mention of tortoises...yet.

what if I see a tortoise wearing a bomb vest?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The terrorism stuff is for Edwards. No mention of tortoises...yet.

what if I see a tortoise wearing a bomb vest?
I figured as much, especially for the more secure parts of the base. Always a pain to get certified.

One hour training on tortoises could be summarized into not driving over them or touching them.

UXO and radio training were the other required training since we were working on the bombing range. One of the drillers I was working with threw a small bomb at me without me knowing it had already been cleared the day before. Naturally, my reflex was to catch it with wide eyes. We all laughed. Bastards. :ROFLMAO:

Tinfoil hat material but I swear one of the pilots joking around painting us with their laser targeting fried my cell phone battery. Afterwards, would drain from 100 to 0 in less than an hour. Uncanny.

Hopefully Domingo's in Boron is back. They made some killer Mexican food and their Cadillac Margaritas packed a solid punch. Awesome pilot/astronaut memorabilia in there too.