***Official Impeachment Proceedings***

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
People have a tendency to work out on the side they are best on. Maybe try training your off side the same way you train the other side? I used to have one leg I much preferred to kick with. At one point I tore some cartilage and went in to have it cleaned up and the doctor pointed out my off side leg was far more developed than my preferred kicking leg. Which makes sense. The offside leg is holding up all of your body weight as the other leg throws the kick. Anyway, if you're not already doing it, try and spend equal time on both sides. Plus, when you are advancing on someone and switching from left to right as you move forward, and you're seamless as far as a weak-side, it freaks a lot of people out. If you have a gimp side, maybe you even spend 50% more time on that side out of the gate and then once you even out technique walk it back to balanced training on both sides.
My rear leg is the short one with the fucked up ankle which I of course use a lot but my front leg kicks are good both low, liver and head as well. I try and use them equally but I definitely need to work on switching stance more often

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
I will buy ifall the lift....this thread makes my stomach turn
3/4" (19 mm) is a pretty big discrepancy. The femoral head (ball) will seat off-center in the acetabulum (socket) engaging the surrounding ligaments in non-normal tension. The cartilage in the capsule will be subject to uneven wear. It may eventually wear through, resulting on bone-on-bone inflammation. The tilt of the pelvis will apply uneven pressure to lumbar discs and eventually manifest in extra wear and possible eventual bone on bone inflammation.
If you do decide to treat this with lifts I would proceed in increments under 5mm. accompanied by a regimen of hip flexor stretching. I'll be surprised if you're comfortable going the full 3/4" even if you add lift in stages.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
3/4" (19 mm) is a pretty big discrepancy. The femoral head (ball) will seat off-center in the acetabulum (socket) engaging the surrounding ligaments in non-normal tension. The cartilage in the capsule will be subject to uneven wear. It may eventually wear through, resulting on bone-on-bone inflammation. The tilt of the pelvis will apply uneven pressure to lumbar discs and eventually manifest in extra wear and possible eventual bone on bone inflammation.
If you do decide to treat this with lifts I would proceed in increments under 5mm. accompanied by a regimen of hip flexor stretching. I'll be surprised if you're comfortable going the full 3/4" even if you add lift in stages.
Your nervous system will tell you if you listen and you don't spook it.

Yes, take it slow.

The erbb comes through again. Reducing the suffering of a fellow human.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf