Criminal investigation of the FBI for forging documents used to start the Trump Russia collusion probe has begun.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
you could definitely use a win given your historical batting average

Reactions: $kully

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Tomorrow is the day.
Sometime next year is the day.

The IG report will be the same milquetoast bureaucratic document that every IG document from every government department has always been. The IG has no statutory teeth. The IG is not a judge or jury nor can it criminally charge anyone. The IG is basically checking for penmanship and process. Anything potentially criminal is not expanded upon by the IG, but referred to DOJ. For instance, if the FBI used the Steele document as the evidence for a FISA warrant the IG isn't going to note it as illegal because they followed process, as stupid as it was to do so. Durham on the other hand can compile testimony through subpoena if necessary and peel back the layers that way to find out what really happened and actually charge stupidity or wanton ambivalence to the truth because for the FBI these are actual crimes. When people are charged they tend to become very truthful if they were just following orders from superiors.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Sometime next year is the day.

The IG report will be the same milquetoast bureaucratic document that every IG document from every government department has always been. The IG has no statutory teeth. The IG is not a judge or jury nor can it criminally charge anyone. The IG is basically checking for penmanship and process. Anything potentially criminal is not expanded upon by the IG, but referred to DOJ. For instance, if the FBI used the Steele document as the evidence for a FISA warrant the IG isn't going to note it as illegal because they followed process, as stupid as it was to do so. Durham on the other hand can compile testimony through subpoena if necessary and peel back the layers that way to find out what really happened and actually charge stupidity or wanton ambivalence to the truth because for the FBI these are actual crimes. When people are charged they tend to become very truthful if they were just following orders from superiors.
we're already backtracking?!

Surfdog, want to make any bets on the Durham report?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
well, then I already won my bet with Surfdog.....

except the IG can refer prosecutions, no?

want to bet on the outcome of the Durham report, Doug?
The IG has already, and I suspect will refer information for prosecution to the DOJ. This information should be secret until a grand jury indicts or formal charges are filed, so we only hear about things when they leak.

I suspect forging documents to support FISA warrants is about as bad as were going to hear from the IG report because it was leaked to smooth the waters and the IG report is limited to the FISA process only, not verification of the underlying information. This is 100% about process.

Durham isn't writing a report. He's investigating crimes. If there were no crimes we will never hear anything from Durham. Are you asking for a bet that Durham will charge someone with a crime. I'll take it.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The IG has already, and I suspect will refer information for prosecution to the DOJ. This information should be secret until a grand jury indicts or formal charges are filed, so we only hear about things when they leak.

I suspect forging documents to support FISA warrants is about as bad as were going to hear from the IG report because it was leaked to smooth the waters and the IG report is limited to the FISA process only, not verification of the underlying information. This is 100% about process.

Durham isn't writing a report. He's investigating crimes. If there were no crimes we will never hear anything from Durham. Are you asking for a bet that Durham will charge someone with a crime. I'll take it.
$50 Durham's work does not yield convictions by this time next year.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
$50 Durham's work does not yield convictions by this time next year.
Just like Trumps fake voter fraud investigatin that has to be disbanded. The investigations are just to pacify the senile scumbag and false attempts to smear the other team.

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
I like how the bar is set so low. What results did the Mueller report bring? and Trumpers here still call it a failure.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Let's say at least one cooperating witness in under a year.
this seems strange to me....a "cooperating witness"

is it about the timeline?

I can be patient

a conviction seems more concrete to me

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
we're already backtracking?!

Surfdog, want to make any bets on the Durham report?
The bet we made is also part of the Durham investigation. It was based on the FISA warrant stuff.

Remember the stuff I mentioned about Carter Page a few months (even years) back? Well this is that sh*t ready to hit the fan.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The bet we made is also part of the Durham investigation. It was based on the FISA warrant stuff.

Remember the stuff I mentioned about Carter Page a few months (even years) back? Well this is that sh*t ready to hit the fan.
I don't think it is. I think we're at least 6 months away. The IG will state whether the paperwork was in order and the procedures were following according to the FISA statute, but by law the IG is unable to decide the credibility of the evidence presented to FISA, how it was obtained, was it used in a circular manner with the press etc, etc.

What the IG can do is make sure every T was crossed and I was dotted. He can also report if FISA judges were approving warrants without the proper filings...which I seriously doubt would be an issue. It's rare for judges to be bad actors like that. If somehow the process circumvented or there was a smoking gun of animus the IG would report it, but he won't report what he things or feels to be true because the IG statute does not allow it, that's for the DOJ to resolve.