Effects of Family Structure on Crime

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
You know that cliche that "living well is the best revenge"? I could swear that cliche was coined for dealing with our anger issues in these contentious breakups.
That "living well is the best revenge" thing has saved me oodles of long term stress across many aspects of living day to day to month to year, etc. Not an easy path to first tread, but with practice...well, you know.

Worth breaking out of this topic and saying it is a versatile tool for getting through life a little better.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The same people who say unwanted single parent children are responsible for crime want to ban abortion ensuring more unwanted children, cognitive dissonance at its finest.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The same people who say unwanted single parent children are responsible for crime want to ban abortion ensuring more unwanted children, cognitive dissonance at its finest.
How about your personal experience? Are you married/in a long term relationship? Do you have children?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Married, no kids. I answered honestly try not take any nasty shots at me.
I asked honestly. Opinions tend to vary when one has some skin in the game. My wife was raised quite a bit by her grandmother, her father was shot to death when she was 3. Then her grandmother got run over by a tractor and she spent time with various aunts and uncles until her mom remarried. The difference is that the core of the extended family lived within a few blocks of each other and her brothers and sisters ran with about 30 cousins from house to house, all treated pretty much the same wherever they went.

And everywhere they went there were chores to do. And they did them. And didn’t whine about it.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I asked honestly. Opinions tend to vary when one has some skin in the game. My wife was raised quite a bit by her grandmother, her father was shot to death when she was 3. Then her grandmother got run over by a tractor and she spent time with various aunts and uncles until her mom remarried. The difference is that the core of the extended family lived within a few blocks of each other and her brothers and sisters ran with about 30 cousins from house to house, all treated pretty much the same wherever they went.

And everywhere they went there were chores to do. And they did them. And didn’t whine about it.
Yeah but those are not American cultural values that Gdiddy espouses.

It's binary thinking that's a problem.

Thinking that all women are perfectly in control of their lives and anything that happens to them is their own fault for not controlling access to their vagina, is not only mysygonistic but dumb AF.

Life is way more complex than that.

How many men made promises that they never kept once they made woman pregnant?

I bet way more than a number of women who decided to have kids in order to get shitty government benefits.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
WTH is with you? What could be better than the extended family carrying the load instead of the state? Family members are personally accountable to each other and are vested in each other's success. Nobody is going to take better care of a kid while their mom is off working or going to school or whatnot than family.

You only send a kid to daycare when you have no other alternatives. That's your last choice, not your first choice.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I bet way more than a number of women who decided to have kids in order to get shitty government benefits.

Well yeah, that what my title post says duh. Leftist policies are creating the murders which leftists are attempting to use to disarm law abiding Americans from defending themselves .....against the threat which leftists created.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Well yeah, that what my title post says duh. Leftist policies are creating the murders which leftists are attempting to use to disarm law abiding Americans from defending themselves .....against the threat which leftists created.
Ok, Alex Jones, was Sandy Hook a hoax as well?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
WTH is with you? What could be better than the extended family carrying the load instead of the state? Family members are personally accountable to each other and are vested in each other's success. Nobody is going to take better care of a kid while their mom is off working or going to school or whatnot than family.
Again, narrow minded nonsense.

Not everybody has extended family, let alone extended family that gives a sh!t.

You didn't respond to any of my points.

Government helping these people is no different than family help.

I thought you were a "civic nationalist"?

Why do you hate American women?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

You only send a kid to daycare when you have no other alternatives. That's your last choice, not your first choice.
Because women are innocent victims that cannot be fully held to responsibility for their actions because of the patriarchy or something

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Again, narrow minded nonsense.

Not everybody has extended family, let alone extended family that gives a sh!t.

You didn't respond to any of my points.

Government helping these people is no different than family help.

I thought you were a "civic nationalist"?

Why do you hate American women?
:ROFLMAO:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Thinking that all women are perfectly in control of their lives and anything that happens to them is their own fault for not controlling access to their vagina, is not only mysygonistic but dumb AF.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
"Not everybody" is definitely a thing, no doubt about it. But citing the minority as the default is a dishonest argument, too.

Let's say your kid has a kid and they're local. Do you want him to personally do right by that kid through thick-n-thin or not? Are you willing to work in support of raising that kid or not? As a potential grandparent where does that kid rank in your own hierarchy of priorities?

Sloughing any aspect of that's child's welfare off on the state instead of family is in no way responsible or virtuous. Reliance on the state is the temporary fall back position in extremis, not a career choice.

Advocating for improvements in the current parenting dynamic is not "going back". It's "going forward". We want more functional kids, not less. By comparison the parents' personal interests are entirely subordinate to those of these kids. Nice if you can also pull that off, too; but ultimately an add-on accessory, not the primary orientation. That means you work the job you hate if that's what it takes to TCOB. It means you stick around and hang out with the kid instead of going out and partying if that's what it takes. Etc.

This is all basic. It should go without saying. So why do we have to explain this to you? How could you not already understand this?

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Get called out on the victim narrative, and doubles down on it.

Why are you so sexist? Why do you think that women cannot be trusted to control their own lives?

So very paternalistic.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Poverty rates for children under 18 is currently reported at 16.2% Poverty rates for adults 18-64 is 10.7%.

That there's that big a difference between the two groups is not a good thing.