THE GOODS

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
tsenn said:
what's the story about the cooking pan?

De Buyer Carbon Steel/Iron pans are a good companion to Cast Iron which I should have also included. Recently acquired one and love it. Slightly lighter than CI with a smoother surface. Needs a little love to season it properly in the same way that CI does. But it excels where CI doesn't at cooking things like eggs. Unlike shiny stainless cook wear it's not designed to look good. It's designed to work. After seasoning it looks more like this...

[img:center]http://www.eatdrinkcheer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/DeBuyer-2.jpg[/img]

Frying eggs in it is a dream. They glide around in it like nothing. Also puts a good sear on a steak. Though I haven't done a side by side comparison with my CI Lodge. But overall a very good alternative to teflon without all the chemicals. Some cast iron devotees may find it redundant but I find they both serve different purposes.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Patagonia
Calstar saltwater rods
Sage fly rods
Toyota
Honda
Independent trucks
Black Label decks
Sptifire wheels
Asolo boots
Gold Bond

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
patrolman said:
I've had one of these for about 20 years of heavy constant use. Whenever I go to Home Depot or Lowes I check them out.

Bosch Jigsaw
+1 Had my Bosch for over 10 years now and still cuts like the day I bought it. Most well built and durable power tool I've ever owned.

silentbutdeadly said:
+1
Powermatic
Knipex
Northface

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
patrolman said:
I've had one of these for about 20 years of heavy constant use. Whenever I go to Home Depot or Lowes I check them out. They are the only items left on the tool shelf that are not made in China. They are still made in Switzerland. I keep thinking I should get one before they go to China but hell, the 20 year old saw still works like new. Best tool I've ever owned.

BOSCH Jigsaw
+1, have had mine for over 10 years with heavy use and it's as good as new. Can't say the same of the Dewalt router that had parts seize and got thrown in the trash can.

haolesolazyeyeha

Nep status
Jan 27, 2014

Was a Jameson loyalist till I tried some of this stuff. So good! (btw I'm a full on tequila snob) It's been on the market for a couple of years now so I guess it meets the criteria.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
My Bosch jigsaw was originally my step dads. He was a contractor for years. Thing must be well over 20 years old now and I don't think it's ever needed repairs.

Here's another fine swiss made product

Redwing boots....

chuzzlewit

OTF status
Feb 15, 2014
[img:center]http://forum.surfermag.com/photopost/data/505/medium/Document-1-page001.jpg[/img]

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Aruka said:
My Bosch jigsaw was originally my step dads. He was a contractor for years. Thing must be well over 20 years old now and I don't think it's ever needed repairs.

Here's another fine swiss made product

Redwing boots....
Between my red wings and danner sim pretty certain I'll never buy boots again

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
heelnipstr said:
+1

best paired with Feather Brand Blades...
[img:center]http://malegrooming.com.au/media/catalog/product/f/e/featherblade.jpg[/img]

And check out the Imperial Brand shaving soap I posted on the first page. Super good quality and rinses super clean. Made in Los Angeles. Think it's like $10 a bar and I'm still on my first bar and it's been well over a year. I bought two more just in case they stop making it.

Since I've been wet shaving I've gotten a considerably better shave that I enjoy for considerably less money than I used to spend on all the bullshiat gillette products. With no plastic waste.