What's the word on San Franpsycho?

max

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 27, 2003
east coast
I thought it was good. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry during the wipeout sequence.

R3W

Phil Edwards status
Feb 19, 2002
Frisco
Come by on 3/29 and we'll queue it up. There's some pretty good surfing in it but a lot of it's embarrassing. A few too many lame attempts at humor that just turn into some guys playing grab ass.

max

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 27, 2003
east coast
Agree with the lame humor. I was a little confused during the wrestling scene. Guess you had to be there. The waves are good, though. Not even in my dreams would I consider paddling out on some of those days.

R3W

Phil Edwards status
Feb 19, 2002
Frisco
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mr Doof:
<strong>What is San Franpsycho?

A surf video of SF or something?

Is there a link to a preview of it on this BB?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've got a copy. Yes, it's all SF starring young characters I'm sure you'll recognize.

And Max, I'm was scratching my head over some of those scenes too.

Reality Check

Phil Edwards status
Feb 7, 2002
Nor Cal
I haven't seen it yet but I have heard basically the same thing as what everyone says here.

Funny I just got an email invitation of a screening of it benefitting the Surfrider Foundation at of all places Le Colonial.

bandini

Michael Peterson status
Jan 22, 2002
SF
Visit site
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by R3W:
<strong>Come by on 3/29 and we'll queue it up. There's some pretty good surfing in it but a lot of it's embarrassing. A few too many lame attempts at humor that just turn into some guys playing grab ass.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's fun watching with a different soundtrack on the home stereo. But probably better if you know any of those guys.

I will have videos to share with you all as well, including The Bikini Bandits... ohhhhh.....
http://www.bikinibandits.com