What if this were true?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
What if it was found out that President Obama had abused the power of his office and had intelligence forces surveilled Rand Paul or other presidential candidates?

Would you drag the former president off to prison?

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/332084-rand-paul-requests-info-on-whether-obama-surveilled-him

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Republicans are a real trip. What makes you think this story has any credibility? Didn't you learn anything from Trump's baseless allegations? Now on to the next as though they deserve to be credited? Here's a better question: when will Republicans finally get over their obsession with vilifying Obama?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
What if it were True that Donald Trump colluded with the Russians?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Ok. I'll engage for a moment. The answer is it depends.

If Rand, like Trump's associates, was under active surveillance as part of a valid warrant, then absolutely nothing should happen other than Republicans apologizing profusely for baselessly accusing the former POTUS of engaging in criminal activity. That is where we currently stand on the allegations against Obama.

If there was no warrant and he engaged in unlawful surveillance [not a single iota of evidence has been put forth to support such a claim], then he should be charged with whatever crime fits his actions and sentenced accordingly.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
sizzld1 said:

If Rand, like Trump's associates, was under active surveillance as part of a valid warrant, then absolutely nothing should happen other than Republicans apologizing profusely for baselessly accusing the former POTUS of engaging in criminal activity. That is where we currently stand on the allegations against Obama.

If there was no warrant and he engaged in unlawful surveillance [not a single iota of evidence has been put forth to support such a claim], then he should be charged with whatever crime fits his actions and sentenced accordingly.
This.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
1. haven't we been down this road? The law doesn't permit the president to order the surveillance of individuals? There seemed to have been enough dissent in Obama's administration that someone like Comey would have gotten hold of that information and exposed it?

2. Where's the evidence?

3. Even if this were true, does anyone really think the Obama administration was dumb enough to circumvent the legal process?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
sizzld1 said:

See. That wasn't so difficult now was it? No need to dodge. Just give a stray answer to a direct question. Thanks.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Put President Obama in President Miller's cell for the same 85 days she served for outing Valerie Plame

Vintage:

http://forum.surfer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=918008&page=1

http://forum.surfer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=666255&page=1

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Let's do this Latin America style

Show trial then execute Obama, Hillary, Rice, etc, etc in the Rose Garden immediately after

Then a nice lunch

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
By the way, it really happened and the best way to ensure it never does again is to do exactly what I recommended above

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
GromsDad said:
sizzld1 said:

See. That wasn't so difficult now was it? No need to dodge. Just give a stray answer to a direct question. Thanks.
That's hilarious coming from you Grommy. I don't know how many hundreds of times I, and others, have asked you direct questions that you resolutely fail to answer, but it is definitely in the hundreds at this point. :loser: