What are the immigration "loopholes" that the US, but no other nation has?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Chain migration like his wife's parents used? Or maybe so called genius visas that go to barely servicable models...like Trump's wife?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
hal9000 said:
Why not just close the loopholes?
Just like taxes.

But the loopholes usually exist to service the people who wrote the laws, so they exist and they remain

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
sizzld1 said:
Chain migration like his wife's parents used? Or maybe so called genius visas that go to barely servicable models...like Trump's wife?
I dunno about that. I think Melania was plenty serviceable. :dancing:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ifallalot said:
hal9000 said:
Why not just close the loopholes?
Just like taxes.

But the loopholes usually exist to service the people who wrote the laws, so they exist and they remain
That's great, but what are the loopholes and how exactly do they benefit the people who wrote the laws?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
please, let's not get hung up on facts....I'm trying to bloviate over here.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I don't think you become Swedish citizen if you are born in Sweden of non-Swedish citizenship.

Or is that Denmark? Norway?

I believe the President means the 'born in the USA ' is the loophole. I think this is governed by the Constitution, so I am not sure how easy it will be to change.

Edit:

Hey, these countries have the 'loophole' as the USA does for citizenship.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Mr Doof said:
I don't think you become Swedish citizen if you are born in Sweden of non-Swedish citizenship.

I believe the President means the 'born in the USA ' is the loophole. I think this is governed by the Constitution, so I am not sure how easy it will be to change.

Edit:

That’s not an immigration law, it’s a citizenship rule.

Anyone else know which loopholes Trums has been referring to for the past 2 years?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
StuAzole said:
Mr Doof said:

Edit:

Anyone else know which loopholes Trums has been referring to for the past 2 years?
You're right, it is a citizenship rule, the whole 'if you're born here you are a citizen' thing, but I am trying to guess at what the President means by loophole.

A fool's errand perhaps.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Mr Doof said:
StuAzole said:
Mr Doof said:

Edit:

You're right, it is a citizenship rule, the whole 'if you're born here you are a citizen' thing, but I am trying to guess at what the President means by loophole.

A fool's errand perhaps.
I thought GromsDad or Caca would chime in, but alas.

Squidley?

Coat Hanger?