Wave Warriors 3 @ La Paloma this Friday...

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I just got tix. Anyone going?

Friday, April 26: 7:30 PM, followed by a talk story with Herbie, Dibi, Christian, and Nathan Fletcher with Jamie Brisick.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
"I just got tix. Anyone going? "

Does Raggedy Ann have cotton t!ts?

I think I wore my VHS copy of WW3 out from watching it so many times back in high school. Wish Archy was going to join the discussion, as well as a Paskowitz or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshua2415

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
"I just got tix. Anyone going? "

Does Raggedy Ann have cotton t!ts?

I think I wore my VHS copy of WW3 out from watching it so many times back in high school. Wish Archy was going to join the discussion, as well as a Paskowitz or two.
Maybe Herbie can finally give out the Contest T's from the 1990 Cabo Classic. LOL, he sold them rather that give out to competitors.

Other memories from that trip include watching Christian do airs over the rock at Zippers (back when it was showing).

Herbie postponed the contest on day 1, because the waves were too good. Our truck was broken down, fuel pump, and for some reason we were sleeping in a tent in the driveway at Herbie's compound. Herbie is packing up the truck with the entire Astrodeck team for an East Cape strike. My buddy, Shieber (Tequila), jumps in. Me and Bassy grabbed him right out, "If we're stuck here, you're stuck here!" Pretty sure some of the footage from that session in in the movie. The good part is we surged the same spot the day before, with only a handful out. One was Renny Yater, and the other was Pat Curren. LOL, I got them to autograph my boar. Paddled out, and snapped it between the sigs. Classic

Finals day for the Herbie Fletcher Cabo Classic. Somehow, me and Bassy were given the honor of keeping the Announcer happy. This meant bringing beers to David Nuuhiwa. The better we served, the better the announcing got. LOL

Post contest, bash in the restaurant. Mini-Maria storm hits, chicken chit bingo, the owner wins 3x in a row, crowd goes nuts, free beer, Fletchers spraying the crowd like sprinklers. Yes, it was out of control fun.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
Maybe Herbie can finally give out the Contest T's from the 1990 Cabo Classic. LOL, he sold them rather that give out to competitors.

Other memories from that trip include watching Christian do airs over the rock at Zippers (back when it was showing).

Herbie postponed the contest on day 1, because the waves were too good. Our truck was broken down, fuel pump, and for some reason we were sleeping in a tent in the driveway at Herbie's compound. Herbie is packing up the truck with the entire Astrodeck team for an East Cape strike. My buddy, Shieber (Tequila), jumps in. Me and Bassy grabbed him right out, "If we're stuck here, you're stuck here!" Pretty sure some of the footage from that session in in the movie. The good part is we surged the same spot the day before, with only a handful out. One was Renny Yater, and the other was Pat Curren. LOL, I got them to autograph my boar. Paddled out, and snapped it between the sigs. Classic

Finals day for the Herbie Fletcher Cabo Classic. Somehow, me and Bassy were given the honor of keeping the Announcer happy. This meant bringing beers to David Nuuhiwa. The better we served, the better the announcing got. LOL

Post contest, bash in the restaurant. Mini-Maria storm hits, chicken chit bingo, the owner wins 3x in a row, crowd goes nuts, free beer, Fletchers spraying the crowd like sprinklers. Yes, it was out of control fun.
hey soap, did u happen to make it on an episode of wave watch from the OP pro?
starting at 000 seconds...

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Loved seeing WW3 on the big screen, took me right back to my high school days, watching the Archy part at 4am before we left to go surf Trestles from Southern San Diego.

Christian was a no-show, but Herbie, Dibi, Nathan and Greyson were there, and Archy showed up and(reluctantly) joined the Fletcher's and Jamie Brisick onstage for "discussion".

Last edited:

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
@casa_mugrienta - I think you and your girlfriend/wife may have been sitting directly in front of me?

I'm not sure, but I feel like you were the same couple that was standing next to me at the Breeder's show at the Belly-Up last year?

sf_br.png