Tweeting

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Am I alone in feeling that this phenomenon has totally dumbed down our national discourse?

The Commander in Chief is the worst and most responsible for this degradation. I wonder if he is capable of a train of thought longer than 240 characters or whatever it is. But all the politicians have joined in the dumbing down.

Except Mueller. Mueller doesn't tweet. :bowdown:

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
patrolman said:
Am I alone in feeling that this phenomenon has totally dumbed down our national discourse?

The Commander in Chief is the worst and most responsible for this degradation. I wonder if he is capable of a train of thought longer than 240 characters or whatever it is. But all the politicians have joined in the dumbing down.

Except Mueller. Mueller doesn't tweet. :bowdown:

Silence == Security!!!

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
On the one hand I despise his completely undisciplined train of thought and his stream of consciousness communications, but on the other hand his use of the tech does take the editorial control away from the reporters and it prompts people to pay attention to him on the me-me-me basis. Whether its the people who love him or the people who hate him, he is presenting them with the choice of either paying attention to everything he says or missing it. And bypassing the reporters and making them less relevant and less influential in the process.

I don't follow any of it except to the extent that some of his tweets **** his opposition off enough - or are otherwise sufficiently cringey - to be newsworthy.

His opposition would really be hating the habit if Trump was more disciplined and thoughtful and deliberate in his tweeting. In the hands of someone who is smarter it would be quite the weapon.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I cancelled my twitter account on monday.

Free at last!

That sh!t is addicting.

I was like, Oh my god! They got me!

But I GTFO'd

Now if I can just get out of here.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Autoprax said:
I cancelled my twitter account on monday.

Free at last!

That sh!t is addicting.

I was like, Oh my god! They got me!

But I GTFO'd

Now if I can just get out of here.
Why :shrug:
you can tell Cheeto to go fuck himself directly

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
useful for him to have a platform on which he can say anything without fear of being challenged or required to demonstrate any veracity.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
GDaddy said:
His opposition would really be hating the habit if Trump was more disciplined and thoughtful and deliberate in his tweeting. In the hands of someone who is smarter it would be quite the weapon.
FDR !! ) :jam_on:

virtue signalling is my favorite !! )

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
It’s pretty amazing how an old dude like trump quickly dominated this new medium and used it in an effective political way that no one did before

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
It was hilarious when, just last week, Twitter deactivated thousands of phony bot accounts and all the Trump supporters got angry because they lost so many of their "followers."

For the record I think political discourse became dumbed down at the advent of cable TV news. This is especially evident if you watch just a few minutes of Fox News. Dumbest of the dumb. Quite insultingly stupid.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
BillyOcean said:
It’s pretty amazing how an old dude like trump quickly dominated this new medium and used it in an effective political way that no one did before
he can't even use email

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
stu dog said:
BillyOcean said:
he can't even use email
Too bad fo Hillary that she learned

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
BillyOcean said:
stu dog said:
BillyOcean said:
he can't even use email
Too bad fo Hillary that she learned
but Cheeto Jr sure knows how email ;)

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Here's one guy who thinks tweeting sucks-

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/twitter-ceo-admits-company-didn-174514116.html

mhurdle858

Michael Peterson status
Mar 23, 2006
San Diego
BillyOcean said:
What he has done is nothing new. It's no different then what Howard Stern did with radio or Ann Coulter did with cable news. You spout a bunch of controversial BS and people (friend and foe) will listen.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
BillyOcean said:
Saying stupid sh!t on Twitter to attract attention is nothing new.

A lot of trolls do it.

The only thing that's different is that we now have an illiterate imbecile who picks petty fights on Twitter as the POTUS.

Obama campaign used social media to reach the younguns like no campaign before.

Lastly, if the news media didn't repeat Trump's dumb tweets, it's likely that his base would never see them.

Most of them are illiterate, technologically and literally, just like the man they put in the oval office.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Oprah2020 said:
I'm no Trump. Trump is pure American, just like you Oprah.

I'm glad I'm a foreigner. Fuck yoh Americans!
Ahahahahahahahahaha

It's one thing to be incompetent but to be an incompetent troll, that's another level.