Trump publicly defends Rob Porter.....

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Trump's situation isn't like other politicians in that he doesn't have that deep/wide backfield that most of others have accrued accrue prior to ascending to the pinnacle of elected politics. In order to compensate for that deficiency they needed to do more background investigations than they did.

Regardless, this will be the new normal for everyone from here on out. Hillary didn't get elected and she's still being put into the position of disavowing some of her associates for sht they did prior to hooking up with her.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
What rationalization? I just said they needed to compensate for their deficiency more than they did.

Hillary just got jacked for exactly the same thing involving a staffer who was acting badly while he was working on her campaign. Personally, I never expected her to be omniscient about the past of everyone who's ever worked for her and to unfailingly listen and believe allegations prior to them being proven, but that's apparently the new normal.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Lookit, I think Trump's performance in picking and managing a Presidential team is horrendous and unacceptable. I'm not justifying anything. What you might consider is the distinction between speculating on the reasons why he's having these problems vs condoning it.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
what's the big deal? It's not like he took a knee for the anthem or anything serious.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/373348-ex-wife-of-rob-porter-fires-back-at-white-house-amid-abuse-scandal

Ex-wife of Rob Porter fires back at White House amid abuse scandal
© Getty Images
Jennie Willoughby, an ex-wife of former White House staff secretary Rob Porter, fired back at President Trump and the White House after Trump praised Porter following domestic abuse allegations.

In a piece published in Time, Willoughby wrote about how it felt to watch Trump and other members of the White House come to Porter's defense, even after Porter announced he was resigning following multiple reports that he was abusive to his ex-wives, including Willoughby.

"I can’t say I was surprised. But when Donald Trump repeated twice that Rob declared his innocence, I was floored," she wrote.

"What was his intent in emphasizing that point? My friend turned to me and said, 'The President of the United States just called you a liar.' Yes. And so he did."

She also cited Trump's tweet Saturday in which he said lives are being ruined by "a mere allegation" and questioned whether there was "such thing any longer as Due Process."

"There it is again. The words 'mere allegation' and 'falsely accused' meant to imply that I am a liar. That Colbie Holderness is a liar," she wrote.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
dude had access to top security data without being approved for clearance. there's A LOT more people too in the Cheeto admin that haven't been given clearance yet too seeing top security info. These people should be in jail

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
frvcvs said:
JEwing said:
FBI landmine? Why is that not the story?
Funny coming from the guy who justified the actions of Roy Moore. :foreheadslap:
I would have beat the snot out of Roy Moore if he was trolling around my High School. But I digress, you should thank me for the free education. Guys like him were the GTO driving, cash-flashing shyt heads that all the pretty 15-year-old girls wanted to and DID date. Assholes like him exist everywhere not just in Alabama.
However, child marriage is legal there a so is grave robbery by the media.

Regarding the subject of the thread, not your smarmy comment. This whole "thing" reminds me of the OJ trial with the FBI's bloody DNA all over the evidence.