Trump boasts about making sh!t up re: Trade Defecit with Canada during Trudeau meeting

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
None of this is really shocking, it pretty much confirms what we've all known about the manchild being a serial liar...

“Trudeau came to see me. He’s a good guy, Justin. He said, ‘No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,’ ” Trump said, mimicking Trudeau, according to audio of the private event in Missouri obtained by The Washington Post. “Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in — ‘Donald, we have no trade deficit.’ He’s very proud because everybody else, you know, we’re getting killed.

“... So, he’s proud. I said, ‘Wrong, Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid. … And I thought they were smart. I said, ‘You’re wrong, Justin.’ He said, ‘Nope, we have no trade deficit.’ I said, ‘Well, in that case, I feel differently,’ I said, ‘but I don’t believe it.’ I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, ‘Check, because I can’t believe it.’

‘Well, sir, you’re actually right. We have no deficit, but that doesn’t include energy and timber. … And when you do, we lose $17 billion a year.’ It’s incredible.”

The Office of the United States Trade Representative says the United States has a trade surplus with Canada. It reports that in 2016, the United States exported $12.5 billion more in goods and services than it imported from Canada, leading to a trade surplus, not a deficit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2018/03/14/in-fundraising-speech-trump-says-he-made-up-facts-in-meeting-with-justin-trudeau/?utm_term=.58c5e0ceff16

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
trump thinks he's smart but doesn't realize that the people he is dealing actually are smart and have done their homework.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
obslop said:
trump thinks he's smart but doesn't realize that the people he is dealing actually are smart and have done their homework.
This.

Trump probably thinks he had Trudeau fooled whereas Trudeau was thinking about how dishonest and untrustworthy Trump is.

That's how they all see him, but some find Trump's lack of integrity more useful than others.