Trump: Australia has better healthcare system than US

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/332036-trump-australia-has-better-healthcare-system

Trump to Australia's PM: "You have better health care than we do."

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :bricks: :blush2: :laughingpointing:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Obama's was the republican's idea. He wanted a single payer. The republican just rejected their own idea.

They are going to eat sh!t for it, I think.

I have insurance so I have no skin in this game.

Just fun to watch.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
"We must have universal health care. Just imagine the improved quality of life for our society as a whole," he wrote, adding: "The Canadian-style, single-payer system in which all payments for medical care are made to a single agency (as opposed to the large number of HMOs and insurance companies with their diverse rules, claim forms and deductibles) … helps Canadians live longer and healthier than Americans."

"A friend of mine was in Scotland recently. He got very, very sick. They took him by ambulance and he was there for four days. He was really in trouble, and they released him and he said, ‘Where do I pay?’ And they said, ‘There’s no charge,’" Trump said. "Not only that, he said it was like great doctors, great care. I mean, we could have a great system in this country.”

"Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say," Trump said in a September 2015 "60 Minutes" interview. "I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now."

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Australia is a country with the population less than California. Much easier to govern.

Australia does have the worlds best health care, but I'm not sure you can scale it with a population as large and diverse as the US. It's a public/private system, not single payer. Australians are more apt to be working and productive than Americans. They also have a very hard line on immigration so there are not a lot of grifters.

Canadian healthcare is dogshit.

I broke my leg in the UK and was shocked at how antiquated their hospitals and processes were. Thankfully I had private insurance and a AMEX with me, both of which get you enhanced care and I was moved to a better facility.

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
VeniceSrfr said:
Autoprax said:
Obama's was the republican's idea. He wanted a single payer. The republican just rejected their own idea.
You are pushing collectivism. There are many factions within the party and all are not on the same page. Yes it was Romney's idea but many in the party did not care for Romney's plan and neither did I. The individual mandate had a lot to do with Obamacare sinking.
He's right you know!

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
VonMeister said:
Australia is a country with the population less than California. Much easier to govern.

Australia does have the worlds best health care, but I'm not sure you can scale it with a population as large and diverse as the US. It's a public/private system, not single payer. Australians are more apt to be working and productive than Americans. They also have a very hard line on immigration so there are not a lot of grifters.

Remember when America said "we can" instead of "we can't"?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Doug is to the Trump administration what GDaddy is to killer cops. Always has an excuse. The loyalty is incredible considering he didn't vote for the guy. :rolleyes:

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
hal9000 said:
VonMeister said:

Was that when America was great?

:roflmao:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Doug is to the Trump administration what GDaddy is to killer cops.
WTH? I've agreed with you from the outset on those cases that ended with a guilty verdict or plea and I've been right on almost every case that ended with a not-guilty verdict. And more importantly, the reasoning I've given in each case has been exactly the reasoning cited by the lawyers and legal experts when explaining how those verdicts happened.

The only outcome I was wrong about was the BART shooting where the cop accidentally shot the criminal with his service weapon instead of the taser. And that was a jury nullification situation.

Just because you usually don't know WTF you're talking about from the technical perspective doesn't make me an apologist. .

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
frvcvs said:
Doug is to the Trump administration what GDaddy is to killer cops. Always has an excuse. The loyalty is incredible considering he didn't vote for the guy. :rolleyes:
I didn't vote for anyone.

Trump scares the sh!t out of me also but I have no trouble giving credit where its due. Obama had 7 years to fix what he screwed up. It only took Trump a few days.

If the guy would put down the cyber and stop making impulsive statements things would be fine. Speak softly and carry a big stick should carry the day.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GDaddy said:
WTH? I've agreed with you from the outset on those cases that ended with a guilty verdict or plea and I've been right on almost every case that ended with a not-guilty verdict. And more importantly, the reasoning I've given in each case has been exactly the reasoning cited by the lawyers and legal experts when explaining how those verdicts happened.

The only outcome I was wrong about was the BART shooting where the cop accidentally shot the criminal with his service weapon instead of the taser. And that was a jury nullification situation.

Just because you usually don't know WTF you're talking about from the technical perspective doesn't make me an apologist. .
One of the problems is that you think the verdicts are always right when it comes to the justice system and offending cops.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
hal9000 said:
VonMeister said:

So if I said to you we should make people stop needing water you would find this an executable goal?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
VonMeister said:
frvcvs said:
I didn't vote for anyone.

Trump scares the sh!t out of me also but I have no trouble giving credit where its due. Obama had 7 years to fix what he screwed up. It only took Trump a few days.

If the guy would put down the cyber and stop making impulsive statements things would be fine. Speak softly and carry a big stick should carry the day.
I think you mean that Obama had 7yrs to fix what Bush screwed up.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
VonMeister said:
hal9000 said:
VonMeister said:

So if I said to you we should make people stop needing water you would find this an executable goal?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
hal9000 said:
VonMeister said:
hal9000 said:
VonMeister said:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
frvcvs said:
GDaddy said:

One of the problems is that you think the verdicts are always right when it comes to the justice system and offending cops.
The only problem you're having is with your comprehension.

You keep making the same mistake the Communist does by arbitrarily assuming my comments and observations of how the legal system works is always synonymous with a moral judgement - which by definition would be based on a different standard. Sometimes I do agree completely, but sometimes I don't. What I try not to do is jump to the moral judgement too far ahead of the facts. Empirical evidence comes prior to moral judgement, not after. You usually operate in reverse fashion, which is why you're often incorrect about the outcomes.

I don't always express an opinion about the morality of a not-guilty outcome.

IRL I've watched MANY criminals walk away from criminal charges based on various rules of evidence and the like, enough to be largely desensitized to the disconnect between justice and the law. I don't let that bother me *too* much because I understand the necessity for due process and the realities of the imperfect case, and I believe in those protections.

That it can also happen with allegations against cops goes without saying. But by the same token I also understand how often the people they're arresting lie about their actions and I know from firsthand experience how often false allegations are made against cops because there are a lot of people (you being one) who hates cops and any application of their authority.

And yes, I have freely acknowledged that cops are trained - by necessity - to put their own safety and well being ahead of that of some asshole who's acting the asshole. Cops serve the interests of the public, not the interests of individuals engaged in aberrant behavior. So when someone who's acting like an asshole tells a cop "you work for me" that's patently untrue from virtually any measure of reason you could possibly contrive.