The Surfer's Path

groovn

Kelly Slater status
Jan 16, 2002
The North Coast
If you've never seen this mag - you MUST check it out. <P>Breaking the traditional US-based surfmag norm of witless articles that are specially shortened to appeal to those with ADD, this magazine has actual in-depth pieces that contain moving messages and are the embodiment of textual art.<P>Plus, in the first 40 pages... they actually have ARTICLES and COLUMNS... instead of 39 pages of ads and a table of contents.<P>LIKE SOME MAGS HERE!!!!<P>The Surfer's Path.<P>Check it out.<P>My buddy loaned me some of his back issues and tonight I read a story by Drew Kampion about a wave. But in the story, he WAS the wave, telling about his journey from the far north Pacific all the way to Antarctica... the feelings, emotions, and experiences along the way... the consciousness of the wave intertwined with that of the wave riders it met along the way.<P>Very cool.<P>The Surfer's Path.<P>Check it out.<P>It's one of the best damn mags out there! Until Soul Of Surfing magazine comes out of course.....

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
two months back they did an article on one of my home breaks on Long Island. They had some great pics of beautiful waves.<BR>BASTARDS!<BR>They name names.<BR>Now the place will be crawling with aussies.<P>WE HAVE NO WAVES!<BR>GO HOME<BR>cowabunga<BR>rg

MrG

OTF status
Jan 16, 2002
Earth
<A HREF="http://www.network26.com/path/home.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.network26.com/path/home.html</A>

I like their new site, if you saw the old you would agree.<P>Issue 33 is all about the Mentawai Islands, I ran across this special feature that you guys might enjoy; make sure you click on the picture of the cover to read an article on surfing.<P>What do you think?<BR> <A HREF="http://www.mentawaiislands.com/surferspathmaster.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mentawaiislands.com/surferspathmaster.html</A>

OTIS,<P>"If your group is serious about a trip next <BR>season and would like a copy of the "Surfer's<BR>Path Issue# 33" please feel free to send us <BR>your request and we'll send you one! Simple."<P>from <A HREF="http://www.mentawaiislands.com" TARGET=_blank>www.mentawaiislands.com</A> home page. send them an e-mail if you can't find it.<P>

LBInjSurfer

Michael Peterson status
Apr 25, 2002
Maritime Forest, NJ
Otis, I don't know if y'all have Barnes and Nobles book stores out there or not, but they carry it if you can't find it at a surf shop. Its where I used to get mine here in Jersey before a few local shops recently started to carry it. If you get in a jam, let me know I'll send you my copy

dmc2

Michael Peterson status
Jun 4, 2002
Los Angeles
I like that mag also. I remember one article about a surf trip to the Wild Coast of South Africa. Typical, good surf travelogue that shockingly and unexpectedly ends with one of the writer's compatriots being separated into two pieces by a great white!!! Whoa, that's some great travel writing. Not only where to go, but also where not to go.

surf cat

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jan 14, 2002
Drew Kampion's story "perfect wave insearch of a perfect surfer" was first pubished in Surfing back in the 70's<BR>I've ridden waves Drew writes about!

OTIS

Michael Peterson status
Sep 3, 2002
ENCINITAS, CA, USA
MasonFreeKirk,<BR>Thanks for the info. I used that outfit this summer, Jordan and Aii are awesome! The Wijaya was a really nice boat. The surf there has given me chronic daydreams ot perfect waves. I want to go on the Aileoita next time. Getting the money and the green light from the Mrs. are the only hurddles.<BR>Tear out my carseat!

OTIS

Michael Peterson status
Sep 3, 2002
ENCINITAS, CA, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LBInjSurfer:<BR><B>Otis, I don't know if y'all have Barnes and Nobles book stores out there or not, but they carry it if you can't find it at a surf shop. Its where I used to get mine here in Jersey before a few local shops recently started to carry it. If you get in a jam, let me know I'll send you my copy</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That is really nice of you. You are a bro. I'm seriously moved by the kind gesture.

OTIS,<P>I'm sure you'll enjoy it, The entire magazine is centered arund the Mentawai Islands on the same boat you were on as well. Jordan is the guy on the cover surfing in the background. Hopefully you'll get the go ahead from your better half and charge. I read about your trip last September on surfermag.com, pretty sweet.<P>

Landloct

Kelly Slater status
Jul 18, 2002
Thanks for the tip, Disco. I'm in the UK on a biz trip and picked up the latest copy this past weekend. Almost TSJ-quality, yet a whole lot cheaper. Great articles by Kidman and Alby Falzon (on the tragedy of Bali).

LBInjSurfer

Michael Peterson status
Apr 25, 2002
Maritime Forest, NJ
Otis- Glad to hear you got the mag. During a recent trip down to Florida, I brought that issue, and read it on all my flights. It definately held me over until I could get some waves.