*** The Official What Movies Are You Streaming Thread ***

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Recently watched the Heavens Gate doc series. Way better than the NXIVM bullshit about sexless sex cult.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
The mockumentary of 2020 on Netflix is hysterical, painful, cathartic, sad, true...

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Recently watched the Heavens Gate doc series. Way better than the NXIVM bullshit about sexless sex cult.
Kinda long-winded as they let some people go on and on, but worth a watch for sure. Pretty good insight into why people join, how they are manipulated and hooked. VERY relevant today.

The Leftovers was pretty good until the last episode, strange show.

Both on HBOMAX.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Bee Gee's documentary on HBO

it's way better than you would think a documentary movie about the bee gees could ever possibly be

seriously
It’s your fault I spent 2 full days on the slopes with bee gees stuck in my head the whole fvcking time
No way I woulda watched that except that you said it’d be so good
And it was
But how long are their catchy falsetto tunes going to be stuck in my head, for fvck sake

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754 and $kully

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
It’s your fault I spent 2 full days on the slopes with bee gees stuck in my head the whole fvcking time
No way I woulda watched that except that you said it’d be so good
And it was
But how long are their catchy falsetto tunes going to be stuck in my head, for fvvk sake
Maybe watch some Meow Mix commercials on YouTube?

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Watched Straight Outta Compton last night - hadn't seen it since in the theater. Great film.
Watching Whiplash tonight. I think I started it once but fell asleep or something. 99% chance I'll dig it.
I probably won't watch BeeGees or listen to the Dead, based on RGs notes.

Reactions: Random Guy

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’ve been listening to Grateful Dead non stop to counteract it
But turn off the music, and immediately
You should be daaaaaaanciiiing
:dancing:
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh
:socrazy: :drowning::loser:
Let’s have a dance party at our place. The ladies got their shots, we can cook after dancing.

Reactions: Random Guy

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Watched Nomadland a couple nights ago. It was great. Frances McDormand is a treasure.

• Love
Reactions: enframed

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Waited until The Stand was all out before signing up for CBS All Access so could watch for free. A few episodes in so far. Some areas of decent casting but others way off. Mostly it seems like a series of scenes that are pulled well from the book but the connections between are just off. Doesn't seem to flow very well and the Vegas scene is just way, way off. Oh well - at least it's not that long a series.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Sharp Objects is great. Amy Adams is so fucking hot, Jesus. She exemplifies why some guys (all?) are attracted to fucked up women.
Mare fo Easttown is a decent series. Kate Winslet is always good, Jean Smart is great as her mother.
Hacks, also good. Dark Comedy, in the vein of Veep (very good).
Portrait of a Lady on Fire is goddamn brilliant. Everything from dialogue to framing to editing, sound. Every little detail seems to have been considered.

Reactions: Aruka

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Sharp Objects is great. Amy Adams is so fucking hot, Jesus. She exemplifies why some guys (all?) are attracted to fucked up women.
Mare fo Easttown is a decent series. Kate Winslet is always good, Jean Smart is great as her mother.
Hacks, also good. Dark Comedy, in the vein of Veep (very good).
Portrait of a Lady on Fire is goddamn brilliant. Everything from dialogue to framing to editing, sound. Every little detail seems to have been considered.
been diggin hacks.. thought it'd be a little too chick flick-y but i dig it.

the agent and his assistant are the best.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
i've been watchin' a buncha ol' Archie Bunker l8ly,
too f**kin' funny, i'm sooo glad my wiener~dog don't got "the curse" + 'gush' every month, hahaha:
:roflmao:

ya gotta have a giggle at this 1:
"the answers are all right here", hahaha...
+
full episodes of this prime~time tv series,
early '70's, be too f**kin' funny!
hehehe...

ps ~ edit add-in: speakin' of tv,
here's Archie with 1, name of Beverly, hahaha:
reminds me of a coupla stories i heard, yearz ago,
of a coupla thee loc' L.A. boyz puttin' their hands down them panties,
and ah, - 'oh boy, oh boy, oh boy', yikes!
hahaha...

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshua2415