Tesla Truck - - - DONE !!

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I like car designs that have bulging fenders like that. Especially cool on hatchback. :shaka:
I don't know why it took car manufacturers this long to realize what an aesthetically pleasing car should look like.
We've had to endure decades of narrow stance and inset tires, while Giorgetto Giugiaro, Bertone and Pininfarina gave us the magic car proportions many years ago.

1711326515565.png

1711326277220.png

1711326035754.png

1711327232306.png

1711326572555.png

1711327506530.png

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Maybe I’m racist but I would not buy anything made in Korea. They may look great but…. Anyone in my age group should question a Korean KIA. KIA for those who lived through the 60s-early 70s will remember KIA every night on main-stream media new broadcasts as KIA = Killed in Action. Nope.
Speaking of KIA and racism, I just came across this photo from a couple of years back (GA).

1711406396848.jpeg

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
This guy gives a good review of the Cybertruck. What made me laugh is he said it has this function where cameras turn on if someone is near the car. He said so many people come up to photograph the car that they run down the battery. Also talks about the bad panel gaps and options he ordered and paid for but didn't receive. One thing I didn't know about is the rear steering (articulating) wheels

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I have a 2015 KIA Sorento and loved the car for the first 5 years. Then at a hair close to 120,000 miles, it went downhill. Started with the engine blowing out on the freeway while dropping my son off at Burbank airport. Thankfully it went into limp mode and I was able drive through streets to get him there with no time to spare. Then had it towed back to Ventura where I almost died on the freeway. The AAA driver was finishing up his 24 hour shift and couldn't quite keep the flatbed between the lines on the 101 fwy. :foreheadslap: Dropped the car off at the dealer and they told me that this usually happens to people that don't put oil in their cars. I reminded them that they (the dealer) have done all of the servicing on this vehicle since day one. Including their world famous 120 point inspections with every visit! After running computer diagnostics they discovered that it was due to faulty beerings and rocker arm assembly or some such thing. They replaced the engine for free and I had to pay for all new hoses, belts and radiator fluid.
Now the paint is peeling off the car in various areas and KIA refuses to fix it saying it's past the 30,000 mi warranty. They now have multiple law suits against KIA and Hyundai. There will be no more Korean cars in my future.
Now I'm vacillating between a Tacoma or the new Bronco. ;)

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I have a 2015 KIA Sorento and loved the car for the first 5 years. Then at a hair close to 120,000 miles, it went downhill. Started with the engine blowing out on the freeway while dropping my son off at Burbank airport. Thankfully it went into limp mode and I was able drive through streets to get him there with no time to spare. Then had it towed back to Ventura where I almost died on the freeway. The AAA driver was finishing up his 24 hour shift and couldn't quite keep the flatbed between the lines on the 101 fwy. :foreheadslap: Dropped the car off at the dealer and they told me that this usually happens to people that don't put oil in their cars. I reminded them that they (the dealer) have done all of the servicing on this vehicle since day one. Including their world famous 120 point inspections with every visit! After running computer diagnostics they discovered that it was due to faulty beerings and rocker arm assembly or some such thing. They replaced the engine for free and I had to pay for all new hoses, belts and radiator fluid.
Now the paint is peeling off the car in various areas and KIA refuses to fix it saying it's past the 30,000 mi warranty. They now have multiple law suits against KIA and Hyundai. There will be no more Korean cars in my future.
Now I'm vacillating between a Tacoma or the new Bronco. ;)
Get the Bronco and throw some Cooper At3 xlt on it. You can thank me later. New Ranger Raptor has been getting some excellent reviews, new reg Rangers not.
1711471514650.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I was about to think this was a decent marketing vid:

until I realized I had no true understanding if this passage is more driver than care and then I saw this:

and this;

and this:

and yeah, more driver than vehicle, ergo, the Tesla vid is, well, whatever, me and my Nikes might be able to make it.

Reactions: tacos

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit