Stand 'yer Ground

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Phi1 said:
GromsDad said:
1. There is nothing wrong with a citizen pointing out that someone is breaking the law.
There's "pointing out" and then there's "getting in such a loud argument that a person inside a store hears it".

Which do you think 'ol Quickdraw was doing? :shrug: Walk the eff away, it's a goddamned parking spot, not his lawn.
Did you happen to see the interview with the female who makes it quite clear that she can park wherever she wants to? With this mentality on full display how do you think it went when a citizen tries to point out her illegal behavior? She is as responsible as anyone for that guy getting shot.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
GromsDad said:
Phi1 said:
GromsDad said:
1. There is nothing wrong with a citizen pointing out that someone is breaking the law.
There's "pointing out" and then there's "getting in such a loud argument that a person inside a store hears it".

Which do you think 'ol Quickdraw was doing? :shrug: Walk the eff away, it's a goddamned parking spot, not his lawn.
Did you happen to see the interview with the female who makes it quite clear that she can park wherever she wants to? With this mentality on full display how do you think it went when a citizen tries to point out her illegal behavior? She is as responsible as anyone for that guy getting shot.
you’re inconsistent and mercurial in your decisions wrt who is responsible when gun play ends in death. I admit though, it’s very hard to shoot someone when they’re pounding on you. If you want to shoot someone, it won’t be while they’re actively striking you. Plus, you should wait until someone is far enough away from you so they can’t grab the gun when you’re pulling it out.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
GromsDad said:
Phi1 said:
GromsDad said:

Yes. Death penalty is clearly in order for her too. :rolleyes:

Blame her all you want. Why engage in and continue in arguments with people like that? Do you really think $hitty humans that occupy handicapped spaces, when they have no medical need to, will just see the err of their ways?

If that's your purpose in life get a job with the local Police.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Phi1 said:
Do you really think $hitty humans that occupy handicapped spaces, when they have no medical need to, will just see the err of their ways?

If that's your purpose in life get a job with the local Police.
But that's no fun.

These kooks carry guns for a reason.

They are itching to use them.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
local ewa beach legend tommy has a spooky story about the day they drunkenly tried to rob rich parr and iggy in their downtown surfboard shop.

I think rich had to flee to the mainland after the incident

Local old timers like PPK and others know what happened

Tommy was lucky

on the other hand the drunk naval officer who got shot dead trying to get into the wrong residence in a duplex in high end ocean point residential district last year is another example where having a gun and shooting through your door may not be such a great idea. Bet that guy had to move just to get away from his neighbors after mistakenly shooting and killing his drunk next door neighbor

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Greg Griffin said:
Today a rep of this organization told me the shooter will get manslaughter .

They saw the same as most -

https://www.uslawshield.com
Pretty much what I figured, too. Murder has to have some level of premeditation.

I always try to avoid physical fights, only because I fear I may kill the guy if I do feel a inkling of life threat. My dad (a WWII sarge, and POW from capture after the battle of Corregidor) taught me and my bro a few simple hand to hand moves that could kill or severely injure if absolutely needed, almost instantly. No knife or weapon required. In today's litigious society, it wouldn't take much be sued, even if it was totally their fault for escalating.