South Carolina manufacturer forced to close plant because of Trump tariffs...WINNING

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think they tried trade wars in the past and they found out they are more trouble than they are worth.

But maybe this times it's different?

I don't know. I'm a simple man.

I hope it works this time.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
CharmingSophisticate said:
afoaf said:
Duffy said:
supply side economics is stupid

maybe this debt crisis will put an end to them.
This would be a witty retort if it actually made sense.
may I jump in to explain for my colleague Afoaf?

Like any poker game, your play depends on what you are holding, and how big your pot is. We don't look so strong right now, because of the huge debt we owe, and who holds it.

tRump is a baffoon because he is betting the farm, while holding a pair of tens, while China and Russia looked over his shoulder, and know what he is holding.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
everysurfr said:
afoaf said:
Duffy said:

Like any poker game, your play depends on what you are holding, and how big your pot is. We don't look so strong right now, because of the huge debt we owe, and who holds it.

tRump is a baffoon because he is betting the farm, while holding a pair of tens, while China and Russia looked over his shoulder, and know what he is holding.
...actually it was the supply side economics part that prompted the ball kicking, the buffoonery part I'm in agreement with, Trump is a Republican, not a Conservative or real Liberal.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
tariffs and supply side (tax cuts for wealthy) have both been tried ad nauseam with poor outcomes.

it's not that complicated.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I should say it's not that complicated if you're not a mouthbreathing metamucil chugger.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
everysurfr said:
afoaf said:
Duffy said:

To paraphrase the master

When you owe the lender $100 and you don’t have the money, you have a problem

When you owe the lender $10000000000000000000 and you don’t have they money, they have a problem