Snapper World Champs Heat

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Yeah there’s a really weird vibe with the way she talks, almost like she’s a product of AI.
I’ve always thought shes a bit on the spectrum.

I will say she’s as pleasant in the water as any kid I’ve ever surfed with. No hassling, shares waves, waits her turn.

But it also seems like she’s always looking over her shoulder to see what dad thinks.

Swallow Tail

Michael Peterson status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Yeah there’s a really weird vibe with the way she talks, almost like she’s a product of AI.
She comes across as “Neuro divergent,” with her social skills etc are a challenge. As such she’s likely had to develop strategies to deal with this and the results can be a communication style that comes across as scripted/off/odd.

Edit: @StuAzole beat me to it - she is likely on the spectrum or other such, that falls under the neurodivergence umbrella.

yes, does appear to be intensely helicopter “dadded”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
She comes across as “Neuro divergent,” with her social skills etc are a challenge. As such she’s likely had to develop strategies to deal with this and the results can be a communication style that comes across as scripted/off/odd.

Edit: @StuAzole beat me to it - she is likely on the spectrum or other such, that falls under the neurodivergence umbrella.

yes, does appear to be intensely helicopter “dadded”.
She’s Marzo with a professional team of handlers.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
She seemed like a regular kid to me, celebrating that her dad's gonna get them pizza. That actually made me smile. You guys are tripping.
The pizza comment actually kind of saddened me. I was gonna mention that earlier. She said it like she's never ever allowed to touch, let alone think about, pizza. "If you win, I'll let you have pizza." Ugh.

Even my wife commented on that one.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The pizza comment actually kind of saddened me. I was gonna mention that earlier. She said it like she's never ever allowed to touch, let alone think about, pizza. "If you win, I'll let you have pizza." Ugh.

A 16 year old Aussie winning that event ends up with beers in her hands, guaranteed!

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
She is sincere. Even if crazy dad is steering the ship, you can’t be that good without wanting it yourself.

But sheltered is an understatement. That kid hasn’t been able to enjoy a single part of normal teenage life. No school, no close friends, no dances or dates. She‘s 16 and her dad still runs her social media.

I reference Caity only because we know her. She has solid friends, has a boyfriend, has established her own style and brand and media presence all on her own and completely without interference from her parents. It’s authentic rather than scripted.

But like I said two paths to the same destination. Both will likely win tour titles.

And don’t get me wrong, all the travel and surfing she’s doing is insane. I just feel sorry for any kid who misses out on just being a kid, particularly when she could reach the same goals just sitting home surfing Maui being an otherwise average kid.
ya but Caity has clearly never worn sunblock. she needs better handlers

Last edited:

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

I didn't pay attention to that. To me it was like "dad is getting us ice cream, yay!".

Reactions: Swallow Tail