Shut Up And Sing

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Fixed. Americans seem to either completely lack the skill to get into a roundabout, or they fly off the fucking handle if someone gets in front of them. The consequence is any roundabout with any utilization becomes a weird quasi-4-way stop.
Yes
And we’d learn to use them if we had more practice

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Who said that?
The state of California
And basically every restaurant implied it in Florida. Of course by the time I went to California in December 2021, the nice Italian place in Los Altos Hills, and Deliciosos and Alfonso's in Castroville DGAF. Judging from some of other patrons nobody in Carmel GAF. I didn't try it at the place in Daly City - I think the Cantonese hobbit lady would have hit me with a broom until I was prostate, then dragged me outside.

Yes
And we’d learn to use them if we had more practice
There's been lanes adjacent to the overtaking lane on I-95 in Florida for decades, and the ability to use those lanes once the overtaking process is complete is about as hit-or-miss as the ability to not stand on the brakes and instead flow into the roundabout without coming to a stop/California roll.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The state of California specifically said that removing the mask while dining doesn’t spread COVID?
Look I think the Never Forgetters are hilarious victim children but I don't see the point in not bro'ing it out with the implications of wearing the mask in the restaurant until you're eating your meal, then not wearing it until maybe you're all done waiting for the check.

I am of the opinion the cloth masks had non-zero effectiveness with respect to transmission and viral load, but I don't think having it on from door to being seated was a game-changer and it costs us nothing to cut them this slack.

Withholding empathy from Duffy is Duffy abuse. Even if you didn't win any free fins!

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Look I think the Never Forgetters are hilarious victim children but I don't see the point in not bro'ing it out with the implications of wearing the mask in the restaurant until you're eating your meal, then not wearing it until maybe you're all done waiting for the check.

I am of the opinion the cloth masks had non-zero effectiveness with respect to transmission and viral load, but I don't think having it on from door to being seated was a game-changer and it costs us nothing to cut them this slack.

Withholding empathy from Duffy is Duffy abuse. Even if you didn't win any free fins!
I agree it was stupid, it’s just fun poking holes in the never forgetters sometimes