Should taxpayer $$ be used to fund religious education?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
what's this meme about ifal going to a proudy boi meeting, is there a thread or pics or something.
Years and years ago, when they were new, when Gavin was still around, and before the Proud Boys was totally coopted by maniacs, I attended a meeting at Cook's Corner. Had a beer, saw they were all weirdos, went home

Since then my fan club has turned it into a legend with many more twists and turns as their obsessions with me grow in their heads

The truth is much more boring

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
what's this meme about ifal going to a proudy boi meeting, is there a thread or pics or something.
It’s self-admitted. As were the stories of him wanting to ban Chinese buyers because he couldn’t afford a house near the beach and his wife breaking his spirit.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Everybody gets to decide what's best for them.

The problem comes in when people want to decide what is best for others.
No sh!t, taxpayer funding of religious schools is the violation of church and state. Not to mention Christianity being openly pushed by Govt in the shithole Red states.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Years and years ago, when they were new, when Gavin was still around, and before the Proud Boys was totally coopted by maniacs, I attended a meeting at Cook's Corner. Had a beer, saw they were all weirdos, went home

Since then my fan club has turned it into a legend with many more twists and turns as their obsessions with me grow in their heads

The truth is much more boring
And carrying their water ever since. Only a looser would even think about joining that group

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
No sh!t, taxpayer funding of religious schools is the violation of church and state. Not to mention Christianity being openly pushed by Govt in the shithole Red states.
That's probably a question for constitutional scholars/supreme court. Considering churches operate tax free (and a lot of them make shitloads of money) you may not win that case?

Would people teaching religious theory in public schools be akin to people teaching the 107 genders theory in public schools?

Maybe public schools should focus on the traditional academic pursuits and leave the moralization/social engineering to the parents?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That's probably a question for constitutional scholars/supreme court. Considering churches operate tax free (and a lot of them make shitloads of money) you may not win that case?

Would people teaching religious theory in public schools be akin to people teaching the 107 genders theory in public schools?

Maybe public schools should focus on the traditional academic pursuits and leave the moralization/social engineering to the parents?
Exactly, Religion has no place in public schools. And Churches should be taxed, one of the biggest scams in America.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

I wish schools would teach comparative religion but Christians balk at anything not Jesus-centric. I think everyone should understand the Basics of the main world religions.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Charter schools perform no better than traditional public schools

“A new study shows that charter school students are now outpacing their peers in traditional public schools in math and reading achievement, cementing a long-term trend of positive charter school outcomes.”

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Eas

“A new study shows that charter school students are now outpacing their peers in traditional public schools in math and reading achievement, cementing a long-term trend of positive charter school outcomes.”

Easily done when you can choose which students to take.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Causation or correlation?