Rex Tillerson conducted business with state sponsors of terror.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
http://www.salon.com/2017/01/10/exxonmobil-under-rex-tillerson-conducted-business-with-three-state-sponsors-of-terrorism-report/

Securities and Exchange Commission filings show ExxonMobil conducted business with three state sponsors of terrorism — Iran, Syria, and Sudan — while president-elect Donald Trump’s secretary of state pick, Rex Tillerson, was the corporation’s CEO.

“The filings, from 2006, show that the company had $53.2 million in sales to Iran, $600,000 in sales to Sudan and $1.1 million in sales to Syria” between 2003 and 2005, according to USA Today, which first reported on Democratic super PAC American Bridge’s findings.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/foreign-policy-and-defeating-isis/ :

Iran, the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism, is now flush with $150 billion in cash released by the United States – plus another $400 million in ransom. [The Wall Street Journal, Aug. 3, 2016]

CONTRAST WITH HILLARY CLINTON

Before the Obama-Clinton Administration took over: Libya was stable, Syria was under control, Egypt was ruled by a secular president and an ally of the United States, Iraq was experiencing a reduction in violence, the group that would become what we now call ISIS was close to being extinguished, and Iran was being choked off by economic sanctions.

Fast-forward to today: Libya is in ruins, our ambassador and three other brave Americans are dead, ISIS has gained a new base of operations, Syria is in the midst of a disastrous civil war, ISIS controls large portions of territory, a refugee crisis now threatens Europe and the United States, terrorists have gained a foothold in the Sinai desert, Iraq is in chaos, and ISIS is on the loose. ISIS has spread across the Middle East, and into the West.
sounds like a certain someone wants war with Iran.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No, no it doesn't.

Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran is what it sounds like when a candidate wants war with Iran.

State is one of the few places we DIDN'T get a DeVos, a Carson.....

Two Words:

Giuliani.

Bolton.

Mic drop.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
hal9000 said:
You're right, I could never see Tillerson picking a fight with a country just so we can get their oil and profit from it.
Do you have a better basis for this than a 10-year old SEC filing that shows he'd rather do business than not, and BS campaign material?

I'll reiterate: Tillerson is a way better alternative than Giuliani or Bolton, and he's a much better pick for State imho than basically every other pick, save possibly Mattis, is for their respective posts.

We lost. State is a BS position with Trump anyway; Trump will be calling people cucks on twitter and probably making Tillerson look like an asshat, daily.

Worry about something domestic that has an ideological opponent nominated, like, I dunno, every other cabinet position besides State and War?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Sharkbiscuit said:
hal9000 said:
You're right, I could never see Tillerson picking a fight with a country just so we can get their oil and profit from it.
Do you have a better basis for this than a 10-year old SEC filing that shows he'd rather do business than not, and BS campaign material?

I'll reiterate: Tillerson is a way better alternative than Giuliani or Bolton, and he's a much better pick for State imho than basically every other pick, save possibly Mattis, is for their respective posts.

We lost. State is a BS position with Trump anyway; Trump will be calling people cucks on twitter and probably making Tillerson look like an asshat, daily.

Worry about something domestic that has an ideological opponent nominated, like, I dunno, every other cabinet position besides State and War?
Ian Bremmer made the point that Tillerson would have been a good compliment to obama.

Trump will be too hard to work for Tillerson to work for.

If you understand how education works (it's big ugly and complex) you see intently that DeVos does not know WTF she is doing.

She's going to hurt both the middle and low class.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
GromsDad said:
Come on you lefties. You're complaining about this guy after your side put up Hillary and John Kerry. Pfffffft!!!!!!! Get real!!!!!!

Sooooooooo you guys are OK with a guy who does business w/ state sponsors of terror who are also under sanctions?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Autoprax said:
If you understand how education works (it's big ugly and complex) you see intently that DeVos does not know WTF she is doing.

She's going to hurt both the middle and low class.
I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of Betsy DeVos's knowledge. Her goal is to stop redistributing money to middle-class and poor kids, especially the black ones.

I don't think this is a Heckuva Job Brownie, good-natured and well-meaning connected imbecile gets post they are unqualified for.

I think this is one field marshal in a carefully considered, all-out assault on public education, organized labor, financial regulation, environmental regulation, affordable housing...

These people aren't clueless buffoons like their Boss, they are the mortal enemy, like the Boss's 2nd in Command.