Real wages have plummeted since Trump's tax cut (remember when they were supposed to increase?)

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-07-18/trump-s-tax-cut-hasn-t-done-anything-for-workers?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-view&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business

Remember when we were all supposed to get a UUUUUUUUUUGE raise after Trump's tax cuts?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The American Dream is dead. We tried. They tried harder. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Johnny Rotted loves trump.

Smoke a bowl, drink a beer, take a nap... forget about it.

It’s done.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
1whoknows said:
The American Dream is dead. We tried. They tried harder. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Johnny Rotted loves trump.

Smoke a bowl, drink a beer, take a nap... forget about it.

It’s done.
It is for you.

Fortunately for me I never took much stock in the opinions of people who think like you.

In 1989 I quit my strawberry picking job (lasted 4 days) and was living in a car.

Today I’m doing much better.

My path to where I am now was not a linear one. I’ve been fired, had businesses fail, did ok for awhile, lost it all and got back up again.

I never once believed, as you do, that the American dream is dead.

It’s dead for you and that is entirely your own fault.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Duffy, while I agree with a lot of what you say, and find a big chunk of it amusing, "It’s dead for you and that is entirely your own fault" is too short sighted to let go.

Damn fool luck has a huge part in any and every businesses success. The old saying "it is better to be lucky than good" has never been more true than today.

Zuckerberg had one good idea, and look where it got him.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
everysurfr said:
Duffy, while I agree with a lot of what you say, and find a big chunk of it amusing, "It’s dead for you and that is entirely your own fault" is too short sighted to let go.

Damn fool luck has a huge part in any and every businesses success. The old saying "it is better to be lucky than good" has never been more true than today.

I’ve been very unlucky.

I worked my ass off to get where I am.

1knowsnothing will never realize his potential because he doesn’t believe he has any.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Duffy said:
everysurfr said:

I’ve been very unlucky.

I worked my ass off to get where I am.

1knowsnothing will never realize his potential because he doesn’t believe he has any.
I’m nearing retirement. I’ve never been unlucky.