quick healing of wounds...

sandiegojoe

Michael Peterson status
Jan 16, 2002
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Hey Doc...

Are there any home remedies to soak cut feet that'll dry out the wound or something?

I've heard of epson salt and hot water, or even a teaspoon of bleach in hot water.. wasn't sure about these though.

I've also heard of eating lots of pineapple to speed up the healing process.

Any of these work?

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
Most foot wounds require meticulous care. Blood flow isn't the greatest in the feet, after all, that's the furthest part of your body from the heart.

Local care with warm soapy washes twice a day, light peroxide rinses, and maybe a light coating of an antibiotic ointment will help. Then maybe keeping the feet elevated and open to the air can assist the process. Most people get back into shoes and activity too soon and that prolongs the healing times.

Hope that helps!
Surf Doc

4everstoked

OTF status
Feb 27, 2003
Well last summer i lost my shoes so i didnt wear any all summer. I skated alot to mainly bombing hills. But sometimes i would fall and completly slice open my feet. Didnt do anything to the cuts and just went on as normal. Now i got a bunch of Ugly blackish purplish marks all over my feet cause they didnt heal right.

4everstoked

OTF status
Feb 27, 2003
The worst was when i feel and split the skin open on all my nuckel feet bones. You know how you have nuckels on your hands? Well you got those on your feet or at least i do. Well the skin split open over all of them and now i have a row of dime sized black spots.