pregnancy

Jul 16, 2003
San diego
Check out surflifeforwomen.com on there message boards... they will be able to help you out a bunch. But other than that ive had friends that have surfer for quite awhile for being pregnant. Ask your doctor and see what they say i think its mostly about what you feel comfortable with. Good luck.

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
This question does come up on occasion. My advice is no surfing while pregnant. Surfing is a hazardous sport. In discussions with other pregnant surfers including Lisa Anderson the surfing stops at about 4-5 months gestational age.
At about 16 weeks there is just too much tummy bulge getting in the way!

PS: Congrats!

punkrokvixen

Michael Peterson status
Mar 27, 2003
SF-ish
I stopped at 5 months when I started showing. My doctor's main concern was my body temp going too low or too high.

motorup25

OTF status
Dec 8, 2002
FV/HB CA.
I probably have no right to speak since I'm a man and not a doctor (two strikes against my opinion). But here goes--You're bringing a new life into this world. Surfing can indeed be dangerous--infections and collisions being two that you may have absolutely no control over. Anything that affects you affects your new life. You'll have many good years to teach your little one the joys of the free ride. And you want a healthy, strong baby that will thrive in the water. It's your decision. Good luck.