PCR Test

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I did a trade show last week where they were requiring a Covid test before entering if you weren't vaxed. It took about 10 minutes to get the results and they did it right at the entrance. Given all the other bullshit you have to deal with at the airports they ought to be able to do this right in the terminal. Besides that if you are tested 2-3 days before departure you could contract the virus during those days and carry it onto the plane along with your negative test result. Testing right before departure would actually be more accurate.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Was easier than expected. Got tested in LA 2 days before flight, presented at LAX, done. Some restaurants in Italy asking for proof fo vax, which is weird because hardly anyone is vaccinated, less than 40%. Masks everywhere, even outside. But life feels pretty normal other than that.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I got a rapid test in Guad - I think that's different from the PCR test. They had it set up in a parking garage right across from the terminal. I decided to go out there the evening before my flight. Figured shorter lines, fewer bullshits. Gone in about 30-45 mins.

I think it was like $35 for the test plus two cab rides but worth it to me for peace of mind ahead of flight vs anxiety the day of. Or potentially missing my flight.

Pretty over the testing required for US re-entry but you can fly all over the US no problems.

Reactions: MathDebater