Night surfing session at HB pier

over the falls

Tom Curren status
Jan 11, 2002
clownburg the OC
The surf was ****ing phenominal. UNREAL! <BR>When I first paddled out at 9:00pm tonight. There was like eight guys out. Nobody was taking off on the clean-up sets. They're loss, my gain. The waves were Soooooo FUN! I could'nt believe the surf tonight. I had my pic of every set wave that came through. I would catch these smoking outside lefts, then surf through the pier and catch the right back toward the pier. It was just insane. I am definately surfing tomorrow morning and a night session again. Any takers. I just got out of the water and need my rest for the morning. OTF Out!
<p>[This message has been edited by over the falls (edited 12-14-2002).]

Kalani

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 11, 2002
Classic! I hope you get it good...gotta get ready for the storms that are gonna hit tonight, time to go to work. Get some for me!...

over the falls

Tom Curren status
Jan 11, 2002
clownburg the OC
Another awesome surf session today.
The waves have been unreal the last two days. I am gearing up for another night session tonight. Every once in a while, that chance comes along where you just know this wave is going to be a great wave. While surfing today, I caught like about fifty waves and had some quick cover ups and alot of down the line carving and cutback waves. But out of no where, this big clean-up set was on the horizon. So I start scratching for the wave. There was about 8 to 10 guys stuck on the inside of me and they were really in a panic mode. Some of these guys were going to take this set right on the head. Well, to make this short. I spun around and set for the drop.<P> In a split second, I thought to myself. "OTF" you are not going to make the late takeoff. But some of these guys started yelling at me to GO! That was it, and I WENT!<BR>I made the drop and a short very fast bottom turn to pull up into a perfect tube. Now, I am thinking to myself. DO NOT BLOW THIS TUBE RIDE! And I didn't. It was the neatest feeling; to be completely barreled and seeing these guys paddle over the shoulder while hooting at the tube I was in.<P> The "STOKE" and the majic of surfing was all in motion. I just had to share this session with my fellow brethren on the erBB. That barrel still keeps going around in my head.
<P>Time to get ready for tonights second session. Over 40, and having a blast. OTF Out!<p>[This message has been edited by over the falls (edited 12-14-2002).]

Ping-Pong Bob

Miki Dora status
Jan 10, 2002
OC
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by over the falls:<BR><B>Another awesome surf session today.
The waves have been unreal the last two days. I am gearing up for another night session tonight. Every once in a while, that chance comes along where you just know this wave is going to be a great wave. While surfing today, I caught like about fifty waves and had some quick cover ups and alot of down the line carving and cutback waves. But out of no where, this big clean-up set was on the horizon. So I start scratching for the wave. There was about 8 to 10 guys stuck on the inside of me and they were really in a panic mode. Some of these guys were going to take this set right on the head. Well, to make this short. I spun around and set for the drop. In a split second, I thought to myself. "OTF" you are not going to make the late takeoff. But some of these guys started yelling at me to GO! That was it, and I WENT!<BR>I made the drop and a short very fast bottom turn to pull up into a perfect tube. Now, I am thinking to myself. DO NOT BLOW THIS TUBE RIDE! And I didn't. It was the neatest feeling be completely barreled and seeing these guys paddle over the shoulder while hooting at the tube I was in. The "STOKE" and the majic of surfing was all in motion. I just had to share this session with my fellow brethren on the erBB. That barrel still keeps going around in my head.
<P>Time to get ready for tonights second session. Over 40, and having a blast. OTF Out!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Post of the month !!!

Kookie McKookelson

Phil Edwards status
Mar 24, 2002
san fransurfco
Wooo!! Kickass ya old fart! I was down there on last sunday, monday, and this friday during the day and it was just awesome! Had a few small barrel ops but couldnt really get in, but I had some super fun overhead rights and lefts this friday, but monday was the best, cause I went in the morning, perfect tide, and not too many people out. It was unbelievable. Last sunday I ran into an old friend, and hes damn good, and he can only go on weekends, so next weekend we'll probably be down your way. Monday I think I'm gonna go down to cottons and watch, maybe take pictures. If its not as spectacular and stormy as its supposed to be I might paddle out.<P>Cya next weekend if you're in town!

over the falls

Tom Curren status
Jan 11, 2002
clownburg the OC
Kookie, just got back from surfing killer waves and I went and shot a bunch of video at that reef break I was telling you about.
<BR>This swell is AWESOME! I am so tired from all the surfing I have been doing. That reef I was telling you about was on fire. Time to take a rest and visit with the wife for a while. Then it is off for the second session this afternoon. Later OTF
<p>[This message has been edited by over the falls (edited 12-15-2002).]

NoahSurfer

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 14, 2002
Pomona or Berkeley, CA
OTF thank you. You brought a smile to my face and warmth to my soul with that. Being stuck with my nose in my books the past week it gave me a chance to get away mentally. I got jittery just thinking about your wave. I really cant wait to get home now. Thank you again.<P>Cheers