my shoulders.... killlin me

Feb 19, 2003
San Clemente
Visit site
Man... my shoulder's and back have been hurtin for quite awhile now.. I have surfing every morning so i haven't really gotten a chance to rest it.. and everytime i want to ..there seems to be good waves haha.. and i've been trying to stretch everytime before i go out in the water.. although i dont get around to it that much.. anyone got any ideas that i can do without stayin outta the water, or possibly any stretches?

thankyouuuuuuu

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
lower or upper back?

stretch for your shoulders - pretty simple. Just reach straight up in the air with both arms. Then reach straight out sideways with both arms. Other thing to do is to swing your arm in a circular motion. BUT DON'T DO IT VERY FAST.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
upper back - if you work on doing some shoulder and chest strengthening, this should also indirectly help your back. Either lifting some weights, push ups, pull ups, or swimming should help.

Dec 24, 2002
montauk
There is an excellent article on The United States Surfing Federation site for shoulders. I think it's www.ussf.org. Go to the sports medicine link, the article is titled "Sufers's Healthy Shoulders". There is also an excellent workout posted.

otba

OTF status
Feb 16, 2003
Oceanside
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by obbeach:
<strong>There is an excellent article on The United States Surfing Federation site for shoulders. I think it's www.ussf.org. Go to the sports medicine link, the article is titled "Sufers's Healthy Shoulders". There is also an excellent workout posted.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here's the link:
http://www.ptonthenet.com/articles/sports_specific/healthy_surfers_shoulders.htm

and here's the site:
http://www.ussurf.org/

Thanks for the heads up