Media desperate to spin trump economic wins as fake

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Damn

Listening to NPR this morning, Rachel Martin getting absolutely smoked by Peter Navarro

It is so amusing to hear the super calm NPR host facade drop and the raging inner psycho lib voice emerge

GDP number this morning will cause leftist heads to explode

They hate that Trump is all about America because they hate America

:rockin:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Correlation = causation?

Since . . . therefore?

Didn't you make this same mistake yesterday?

Calling a win before the race is over?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
On his 100th day in office, President Trump signed an executive order creating a new Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy in the White House. The office will be led by National Trade Council Director Peter Navarro, whom Trump called "one of the greats at trying to protect our jobs." NPR's Rachel Martin spoke with Navarro about his mission: "to defend and serve American workers and domestic manufacturers."

Why manufacturing?

"This country is built on manufacturing," Navarro tells Martin. "I'm not talking about metal-bashing manufacturing. I'm talking about a constant renewal of manufacturing. High-tech manufacturing. And what we've seen since 2000, 2001, is we've seen the exodus of our factories and jobs."

The U.S. had more than 17 million factory workers in 2000. But over the next decade, nearly 6 million manufacturing jobs disappeared. Factory employment has rebounded slightly since the depths of the recession. But just over 8 percent of American workers are employed in factories today, down from 13 percent in 2000 and 20 percent a generation earlier.

So, Navarro in a new federal government position in charge of increasing manufacturing jobs. No liberal is going to think that establishing that position with those goals was a bad thing. More manufacturing in the US is a leftist idea.

So, I haven’t heard the interview, did it sound like Navarro was lying? What was the controversy? I’m sur Martin just wants to hear accurate, verifiable information. If she isn’t hearing that she might ask someone to explain discrepancies. If Navarro is an excellent liar I can see how someone might think he “won” an interview.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Navarro was pushing his frame hard, hitting his talking points.

I hope trump's actions effect positive outcomes for the country.

#SMEGMA!

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Autoprax said:
Navarro was pushing his frame hard, hitting his talking points.

I hope trump's actions effect positive outcomes for the country.

#SMEGMA!
xactly

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
BillyOcean said:
Damn

Listening to NPR this morning, Rachel Martin getting absolutely smoked by Peter Navarro

It is so amusing to hear the super calm NPR host facade drop and the raging inner psycho lib voice emerge

GDP number this morning will cause leftist heads to explode

[size:14pt]They hate that Trump is all about America because they hate America[/size]

:rockin:
All true especially that last line.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
1whoknows said:
On his 100th day in office, President Trump signed an executive order creating a new Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy in the White House. The office will be led by National Trade Council Director Peter Navarro, whom Trump called "one of the greats at trying to protect our jobs." NPR's Rachel Martin spoke with Navarro about his mission: "to defend and serve American workers and domestic manufacturers."

Why manufacturing?

"This country is built on manufacturing," Navarro tells Martin. "I'm not talking about metal-bashing manufacturing. I'm talking about a constant renewal of manufacturing. High-tech manufacturing. And what we've seen since 2000, 2001, is we've seen the exodus of our factories and jobs."

The U.S. had more than 17 million factory workers in 2000. But over the next decade, nearly 6 million manufacturing jobs disappeared. Factory employment has rebounded slightly since the depths of the recession. But just over 8 percent of American workers are employed in factories today, down from 13 percent in 2000 and 20 percent a generation earlier.

So, Navarro in a new federal government position in charge of increasing manufacturing jobs. No liberal is going to think that establishing that position with those goals was a bad thing. More manufacturing in the US is a leftist idea.

So, I haven’t heard the interview, did it sound like Navarro was lying? What was the controversy? I’m sur Martin just wants to hear accurate, verifiable information. If she isn’t hearing that she might ask someone to explain discrepancies. If Navarro is an excellent liar I can see how someone might think he “won” an interview.
If these are leftist positions then you should get on board

Maybe your prioritization of style over substance is misplaced

Sure trump is a crass dick but he gets results for average Americans in a way that cool Obama never could

His crew doesn’t accept fake news reporters’ inaccurate framing of issues and this causes them to be unhinged, like Ms Super-Calm-Not-Really Martin

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
BillyOcean said:
1whoknows said:

Why manufacturing?

If these are leftist positions then you should get on board

Maybe your prioritization of style over substance is misplaced

Sure trump is a crass dick but he gets results for average Americans in a way that cool Obama never could

His crew doesn’t accept fake news reporters’ inaccurate framing of issues and this causes them to be unhinged, like Ms Super-Calm-Not-Really Martin
I’m all for leftist policies. Trump is the biggest liar ever. Is Navarro also a major liar? What would anyone challenge him on?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
We had 4% quarterly growth 4 separate times during the Obama administration, don't hurt yourself spiking the football, Trumptards.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
mundus said:
We had 4% quarterly growth 4 separate times during the Obama administration, don't hurt yourself spiking the football, Trumptards.
Is this good news or not? Come on, you can give a little credit

But it’s fun to watch you pretend

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

Navarro graduated from Tufts University in 1972 with a Bachelor of Arts degree. He then spent three years in the U.S. Peace Corps, serving in Thailand.[11] He earned a Master of Public Administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1979, and a PhD in Economics from Harvard under supervision of Richard E. Caves in 1986.[11]

Elite resume’ . He’s an elitist for sure. What’s his angle here? I think he’s actually colluding with NPR to bring trump down. ALERT! ALERT!!