MAGA Bomber and this board

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
casa_mugrienta said:
GDaddy said:
The media is not above criticism. There's no reason they should expect to benefit from a double standard. That's not suppression.
This.
If a reporter asks the question you don't like and you body slam them, is that considered "criticism"?

If press is legitimately criticizing someone, is calling them the "enemy of the people" and lying about their intentions considered "criticism"?

:coocoo:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Trumptards list the false stories that media is hated for? Just face it, the reason Trump hates the media is because they accurately criticize him.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
GDaddy said:
The media is not above criticism. There's no reason they should expect to benefit from a double standard. That's not suppression.
There are libel and defamation laws on the books, what double standard are you talking about?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Public criticism. Open disagreement. They call him Hitler, he calls them the enemy of the people for their dishonesty - that looks like a fair exchange to me. It's certainly not suppression of the press.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I have never seen a major mainstream media call Trump Hitler, link? To deny he has authoritarian tendencies and openly admires dictators is simply stating the obvious.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The job of the media is too "afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted" and Trump and his rubes are too stupid and thin skinned to handle it.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
So there's a sincere disagreement between the two groups in public - so what? Don Lemon calls Trump a racist almost every day, why shouldn't he be subject to the same level of vitriol in response? What makes him above public reproach?

The mainstream media's real problem with Trump isn't Trump. Their real problem is that half of everyone agrees with Trump's characterization of the media. Even many of Trump's critics think there are elements of the media - like Fox and Bloomberg and the WSJ - that are too biased to be trusted.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
mundus said:
The job of the media is too "afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted" and Trump and his rubes are too stupid and thin skinned to handle it.
Sure, Trump fights back and the media hates that - but his supporter love it.

The media's role is to be the umpire and call the game straight down the middle without betraying any personal biases they may have. Once they take sides for the click bait then it's game on. It becomes fair to call Fox a liar when someone thinks that's the case and it's fair to call CNN a liar when someone thinks that's the case.

It's a little late in the game for them to be sniveling about the rules not actually deferring to their status.

The media are threatened by their loss of control of the message. But even that isn't Trump's fault; that goes to the rise of the internet to empower the individual to both shop between competing sources for their information and to even directly compete with the corporate media interests.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
This has to stop, there is simply no comparison between left and right when comes to conspiracies and violent rhetoric, to deny this is simply delusional.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
mundus said:
I have never seen a major mainstream media call Trump Hitler, link?
The entire first part of the week he was being likened to Hitler, using the word "Hitler" on cable news, after the nationalism comments.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
mundus said:
This has to stop, there is simply no comparison between left and right when comes to conspiracies and violent rhetoric, to deny this is simply delusional.
It all matters who is in power.

The GWB admin had truckloads of left wing conspiracy stuff being spread against them.

Violent rhetoric? Once again, you're referring to the fringes of left and right. Antifa vs Supremmys.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GDaddy said:
Public criticism. Open disagreement. They call him Hitler, he calls them the enemy of the people for their dishonesty - that looks like a fair exchange to me. It's certainly not suppression of the press.
CNN called Trump Hitler?

You're fvcking insane.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
casa_mugrienta said:
mundus said:
I have never seen a major mainstream media call Trump Hitler, link?
The entire first part of the week he was being likened to Hitler, using the word "Hitler" on cable news, after the nationalism comments.
They never called him Hitler. :poke:

They explained the connotation that comes with the word nationalist.

Apparently neither you or Trump understand what it means.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
FecalFace said:
GDaddy said:
CNN called Trump Hitler?

You're fvcking insane.
I didn't say CNN called him Hitler but others in the media have. He's been called a racist and a fascist on a regular basis, too.

We can debate whether he is actually guilty as charged all day, but when he and many of his supporters sincerely disagree with those allegations they're going to speak up. As is their right. And that does not amount to suppression of the media.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GDaddy said:
FecalFace said:
GDaddy said:
CNN called Trump Hitler?

You're fvcking insane.
I didn't say CNN called him Hitler but others in the media have. He's been called a racist and a fascist on a regular basis, too.

We can debate whether he is actually guilty as charged all day, but when he and many of his supporters sincerely disagree with those allegations they're going to speak up. As is their right. And that does not amount to suppression of the media.
Link to "Trump is Hitler" from media?

And there's a difference between speaking up against false claims and declaring the media the enemy of the people. "Look at what the media said - it's false and here's why" versus "the media are bad, they lie, they want to see the US fail, they are our enemy".