Macaronis Resort, Anyone been?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Heading there in June an just want to know what to expect food wise, extra non - obvious things to bring that the resort may not have, etc. whats really included and what to expect to pay extras for.

dialed on boards and all that stuff, not my first indo trip. just curious about this resort itself.

Reactions: OsideBum

OsideBum

OTF status
Mar 15, 2022
Heading there in June an just want to know what to expect food wise, extra non - obvious things to bring that the resort may not have, etc. whats really included and what to expect to pay extras for.

dialed on boards and all that stuff, not my first indo trip. just curious about this resort itself.
I’m heading there in March. Looking forward to hearing what others have to say about it.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
I was there back in 2016, so relying a bit on what could be faulty memory & outdated info... but,

Food was good - 3 meals a day + early morning continental breakfast style buffet pre-surf. Plenty of food, but I did end up buying an additional snack/small meal a lot of days too. Reasonably priced from what I can remember.

Drank quite a few Bintangs which cost extra but worth it.

Bring a ding repair kit if you can. Apparently, Aussies aren't allowed to fly with them, and I was a hero for having a simple one in my board bag.

They had a good supply of betadine for reef cuts on hand, but prob good to bring a first aid kit as well.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
I was there back in 2016, so relying a bit on what could be faulty memory & outdated info... but,

Food was good - 3 meals a day + early morning continental breakfast style buffet pre-surf. Plenty of food, but I did end up buying an additional snack/small meal a lot of days too. Reasonably priced from what I can remember.

Drank quite a few Bintangs which cost extra but worth it.

Bring a ding repair kit if you can. Apparently, Aussies aren't allowed to fly with them, and I was a hero for having a simple one in my board bag.

They had a good supply of betadine for reef cuts on hand, but prob good to bring a first aid kit as well.
nice, thanks def got my bingtang budget in mind.

Mar 31, 2010
I was there back when they still had the huts on the water. Those got wiped away by tsunami a while ago. The rooms now are what used to be just the bar. It was a serious mission to get there flying from LAX. The crossing from Sumatra to Macaronis was 24 hours. Boat went about 3-5 Knotts. That same boat I was on eventually sunk. The Laut India I think. Other then all that, the place is epic, the staff and boat drivers are the coolest people ever. I've been wanting to go back to visit for years! The wave is a machine, it's heavier then it looks on the videos. It all depends on how many boats show up. You can definitely score a few sessions in between boats moving around. The food was solid, I was always full and the Bintangs were always flowing. Not sure how they run now days but Greenbush is not far and Batcave is a super fun Trestles like wave that's also not to far. The right never turned on while I was there but I'm sure you've seen pictures. If that wave turns on your stocked!! Haha! Enjoy your trip!

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
I was there back when they still had the huts on the water. Those got wiped away by tsunami a while ago. The rooms now are what used to be just the bar. It was a serious mission to get there flying from LAX. The crossing from Sumatra to Macaronis was 24 hours. Boat went about 3-5 Knotts. That same boat I was on eventually sunk. The Laut India I think. Other then all that, the place is epic, the staff and boat drivers are the coolest people ever. I've been wanting to go back to visit for years! The wave is a machine, it's heavier then it looks on the videos. It all depends on how many boats show up. You can definitely score a few sessions in between boats moving around. The food was solid, I was always full and the Bintangs were always flowing. Not sure how they run now days but Greenbush is not far and Batcave is a super fun Trestles like wave that's also not to far. The right never turned on while I was there but I'm sure you've seen pictures. If that wave turns on your stocked!! Haha! Enjoy your trip!
24 hours from padang? times have certainly changed. i think its 5-6 hour boat now but yea the logistics of getting from here to there are tricky. Ive heard nothing but good things so far resort wise and yea hope we get to check that batcave spot even just for how beautiful it looks and as a regular footer, hoping theres a chance to get roxies while there to.

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
fast ferry vs overnight. Always take the fast if its an option.

Batcaves is rad.The little island, and of course the cave.
Hope you get roxies thats my favorite low impact rippable ments wave by far.

Reactions: CutnSnip