Live Better Work Union...in Germany

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
manbearpig said:
My last job they very sneakily (so they thought) ripped me off of O/T hours. I called them out on it and got some pathetic excuse. Needless to say I was out of there pretty quick, it was a rad as hell job but i know I bust my ass off and have no patience for an employer that fucks around. Lots of businesses do this and many employees don’t have the balls to say something, presumably out of fear of losing their job that is probably vital to their lives.

This is obviously good reasoning for union protection but it’s my understanding that there’s laws in place that can be used on your own to pursue getting that fixed, or at the very least the employer paying for it (legally speaking).
Sue.

The place my buddy and I used to work at paid us daily and your rate would not change whether you worked 4 or 18 hours. He got enough for a down payment on his house out of that.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
CharmingSophisticate said:
There are no homeless people with MerkleFones in Deutschland, slacking is frowned upon.
Are you shitting me? You should see some of my cousins. :roflmao:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
grapedrink said:
Kento said:
CharmingSophisticate said:
There are no homeless people with MerkleFones in Deutschland, slacking is frowned upon.
Are you shitting me? You should see some of my cousins. :roflmao:
:roflmao:
Took me a minute . . . Breast exam on channel 9! :roflmao: :beer:
Both an allusion to Office Space AND the cousins of note.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Kento said:
manbearpig said:
Ok.

If my team of guys (one of multiple under company) needs to put in 60-70 hrs a week to stay on schedule, that’s not only dictated by the client expectations but also things we have zero control over such as weather and seasons; how do you propose one crams those 60-70hrs into 28hrs?
Your boss needs to be less cheap and hire more staff. :socrazy:
Yup.

Wage stagnation exists for a reason.

No gubmint regulation enforced and no unions = little guy gets fvcked.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Where did I say anything about wage stagnation or the little guy getting fucked? Read my posts, it’s the opposite in my situation.

Unions also cock blocked crews coming in to help the clean ups from hurricane sandy. If that BS wasn’t getting pulled we would have had power back much faster than the month it took.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
StuAzole said:
ElOgro said:
StuAzole said:
If Germany had waves, I might go.
Yeah. You might grow a pair too.

You, like the majority of the posters here, are going nowhere. Especially not for waves. I don't see you getting out of your comfort zone for any reason.

In German unions do they allow union members to spend the majority of the work day posting on a social media political forum?

Have you ever been a member of a union?

Which union?

What were your job responsibilities?

What were the the skills required for your job?

Are you upset because 700,000 dreamers were to lazy/to afraid to register for DACA?
LOL, I love a good lecture from a guy who's never met me!
These little nuggets of wisdom tell us all we need to know about you:

StuAzole said:
You think most black men don't wish they were white in America? I guarantee they do.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
StuAzole said:
ElOgro said:
StuAzole said:

You, like the majority of the posters here, are going nowhere. Especially not for waves. I don't see you getting out of your comfort zone for any reason.

In German unions do they allow union members to spend the majority of the work day posting on a social media political forum?

Which union?

Are you upset because 700,000 dreamers were to lazy/to afraid to register for DACA?

And do tell about these 800,000 DREAMers too lazy to register for DACA. I particularly look forward to the explanation of how someone can be a DREAMer without having applied/registered under DACA since, by definition, DREAMers are those who are actually registered under DACA.

And yes, oddly enough, I have been a union member. Only had the job for a few years, but the pay was great and the scenery was even better.
You're not being lectured by a guy who's never met you, you're being mocked by a guy who's never met you.

The 700,000 number is from Anderson Cooper on CNN. Are you calling Anderson Cooper and CNN liars?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
casa_mugrienta said:
StuAzole said:
ElOgro said:
StuAzole said:

Which union?

These little nuggets of wisdom tell us all we need to know about you:

StuAzole said:
You think most black men don't wish they were white in America? I guarantee they do.
So that one line tells you I'm going nowhere and wouldn't move to Germany?

Lulz.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ElOgro said:
StuAzole said:
ElOgro said:
StuAzole said:

Which union?

And do tell about these 800,000 DREAMers too lazy to register for DACA. I particularly look forward to the explanation of how someone can be a DREAMer without having applied/registered under DACA since, by definition, DREAMers are those who are actually registered under DACA.

And yes, oddly enough, I have been a union member. Only had the job for a few years, but the pay was great and the scenery was even better.
You're not being lectured by a guy who's never met you, you're being mocked by a guy who's never met you.

The 700,000 number is from Anderson Cooper on CNN. Are you calling Anderson Cooper and CNN liars?
No, I'm telling you that you can't be a DREAMer unless you're part of DACA. The number of DREAMers is correct, it's your understanding of what a DREAMer is that's wrong.

Let me help:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/09/25/key-facts-about-unauthorized-immigrants-enrolled-in-daca/

"About 690,000 unauthorized immigrants were enrolled in DACA as of Sept. 4. Although roughly 800,000 unauthorized immigrants have ever received benefits through DACA, about 110,000 of this group are no longer enrolled in the program. About 70,000 former DACA participants did not renew their benefits or had their renewal applications denied. Another 40,000 have adjusted their legal status and obtained green cards, which grant lawful permanent residence. (Some unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. can obtain legal status by marrying an American citizen or lawful permanent resident, obtaining asylum, or receiving certain types of visas such as those given to victims of a crime, among other ways.)"

But don't feel bad, Trump doesn't know what or who he's talking about here either.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ElOgro said:
So we're clear, you think all illegal immigrants are DREAMers and people who registered under DACA are something different, yes? How else could DREAMers be too lazy to apply for DACA?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
StuAzole said:
ElOgro said:
So we're clear, you think all illegal immigrants are DREAMers and people who registered under DACA are something different, yes? How else could DREAMers be too lazy to apply for DACA?
No.

The same way that many of the parents that entered the country illegally and brought their children illegally didn't take advantage of previously available amnesty programs. Too lazy or afraid. Some of the parents of children in this situation that I know didn't apply because they had criminal records both in the USA and Mexico, multiple deportations, etc.

Also, what AP said.

:blush2:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ElOgro said:
StuAzole said:
ElOgro said:
No.

The same way that many of the parents that entered the country illegally and brought their children illegally didn't take advantage of previously available amnesty programs. Too lazy or afraid. Some of the parents of children in this situation that I know didn't apply because they had criminal records both in the USA and Mexico, multiple deportations, etc.

Also, what AP said.

:blush2:
You're still using terms incorrectly then. The number you got from Anderson Cooper is the number registered under DACA. That's what a DREAMer is. It's not people too lazy to apply - those are simply illegal immigrants.

BTW, here's what some DREAMers have been doing - they're neither lazy nor all Mexican:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/09/07/the-military-looked-to-dreamers-to-use-their-vital-skills-now-the-u-s-might-deport-them/?utm_term=.8d35b069fd47

“By definition, DACA recipients are a prescreened pool of people of a higher quality than the average recruit,” Stock said. “They have no criminal background and graduated from high school. And they’re highly motivated to join the military because it’s their only option to stay in the country.”

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Hey Stu, I had to get busy because my wife called and told me she was coming up today instead of Friday as originally so I had to get busy and cool some beer to inspire me to mix cow sh!t in the compost pile and some other chores that she left me with!

Unlike you, i can't spend all day on Facebook and the erBB political forum when my boss is gonna be around!

I left the fence post picture so you'd have something to ask questions to and find something to link to present your never ending questions and arguments to!

Did I miss anything?

lulz!

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ElOgro said:
Hey Stu, I had to get busy because my wife called and told me she was coming up today instead of Friday as originally so I had to get busy and cool some beer to inspire me to mix cow sh!t in the compost pile and some other chores that she left me with!

Unlike you, i can't spend all day on Facebook and the erBB political forum when my boss is gonna be around!

I left the fence post picture so you'd have something to ask questions to and find something to link to present your never ending questions and arguments to!

Did I miss anything?

lulz!
Just the part where you say you finally understand what DACA is and who DREAMers are?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
StuAzole said:
ElOgro said:

Did I miss anything?

lulz!
Just the part where you say you finally understand what DACA is and who DREAMers are?
I'm a little slow, maybe you can explain it to me and the other philistine posters that don't have your vast personal experience and knowledge on the subject.

In your own words now. Don't respond with some link. :shameonyou: