Kentucky pulls bill outlawing child marriage due to conservative outrage.....

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
https://thinkprogress.org/kentucky-child-marriage-79991589ad21/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5a9bfbe53ed3f0000719e1de&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Senate Republicans in the state legislature pulled a bill to outlaw child marriage in Kentucky, Insider Louisville reported this week, following opposition from the conservative group Family Foundation of Kentucky on claims that it takes away parental rights.

Introduced by State Sen. Julie Raque Adams (R) to the State Senate Judiciary Committee, Senate Bill 48 would set the minimum age of marriage to 17 years old, and establish a process for 17-year-olds to marry with a court approval.

The bill would require a statement from the minor indicating why the individual desires to marry; evidence for the minor’s “maturity and capacity for self-sufficiency” independent of that person’s parents; copies of any domestic violence order or interpersonal protective order involving either party to be married; and ensure that the court retrieves any records from the National Sex Offender Public Website relating to the intended spouse of the minor, among other proposals.

The bill would also grant authority to a judge to deny the petition if the age difference between the two people is more than four years; if the intended spouse has a history of domestic violence; if the intended spouse was previously in a diversion program for criminal offenses; and if the minor’s pregnancy was a result of a sexual offense.

The bill was pulled hours before a scheduled vote in the Senate Judiciary Committee “for the second time in two weeks,” USA Today reported.

Current state law allows 18-year-olds to be married without parental consent, while 16- and 17-year-olds must have parental consent. But teenagers under the age of 16 can also be issued a license if they are pregnant and have a “District Court Judge issue a court order directing the Clerk to do so,” the law states. Kentucky has the third highest number of child marriages in the country — behind Texas and Florida — with 11,657 minors married between 2000 and 2010.

Eileen Recktenwald, the executive director of the Kentucky Association of Sexual Assault Programs, was disappointed by the move.

“This is legalized rape of children,” Recktenwald said. “We cannot allow that to continue in Kentucky, and I cannot believe we are even debating this is the year 2018 in the United States.”

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
acnjusa said:
This from the state of Rand Paul - the pro-life libertarian.
Many libertarians are pro-life. Taking of an unborn life violates the NAP

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
ifallalot said:
acnjusa said:
Baby has liberty over the mom?

Fuck that.

If I'm a chick and I'm so inclined, I'm going to kill that little fvck head in my womb.

I'll do it old school if I have to.

Chicks have to be the deciders.

What is NAP?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Feigned outrage from hal

I posted this:

http://forum.surfer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2748075

weeks ago and he did not GAF.

Poor hal...he sees the word "Kentucky" or "Republican" and all of the sudden :blush:...

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
In Kentucky, you have to get in before age 20 to ensure your formerly hot debutant doesn’t become a walrus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
D E R P
E
R
P

All of those violate the NAP, and basic reason. Anti-libertarian memes designed by Mongoloids. And don't forget there's a huge spectrum between Ancaps to Classical Liberals. Only real loons want Somalia

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Autoprax said:
ifallalot said:
acnjusa said:
Baby has liberty over the mom?

Fuck that.

If I'm a chick and I'm so inclined, I'm going to kill that little fvck head in my womb.

I'll do it old school if I have to.

Chicks have to be the deciders.

What is NAP?
Based on your reasoning, killing an actual baby in order to save the life of a mom ok as well.

As much as I hate the idea of abortion, when we get down to brass tacks I agree with your posts that people need killing so we should abort more

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
ifallalot said:
D E R P
E
R
P

All of those violate the NAP, and basic reason. Anti-libertarian memes designed by Mongoloids. And don't forget there's a huge spectrum between Ancaps to Classical Liberals. Only real loons want Somalia
A grip.

Get one.

And don't call it a "stomp patch" and put it a foot out from the leash plug.

And don't repeat "skorcher" and "scortcher" 15 times in your tag cloud.

:foreheadslap: