Jim Phillips longboards

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
I have a vintage triple stringer. Its a beast. Wish I had a California point break nearby where it would be very well suited.
Can you show picture? I am definitely ordering one of his boards. How much do you think for custom paint on longboard and nice stringer work?

Oct 5, 2019

Loads of examples to see on Jim's gallery pages, see link above. Fancy stringer and pigment work is gonna add up quick, in cost and in weight. It looks like he's making EPS now, which could help keep weight down. These are hand made boards/works of art, but Jim's overhead appears low. All the 'marquee' brand long boards are serious bank these days... but it could still be a shocker.

tsenn

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 11, 2004
san diego
Well...his nickname is "The Genius"...and he is confident in his work...that said, I met him to get a board made, and he was the coolest guy...tons of stories, offered to let me try his board! Here, take it! I ended up passing on the board because spending over a grand is out of my budget...I think for you, if you just want to longboard when its small, I'd just get something used...