Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
sizzld1 said:
Look at this thread. :foreheadslap:
OK, I went back and read what I posted

Here, for you, reposted:

casa_mugrienta said:
He didn't even attempt to subpoena the Trumpster.

No way this investigation was legit.

Bob Mueller should have never been picked to lead this investigation.

Too many conflicts of interest.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Yes. And by the rest of your comments it could not be clearer that you were trolling. Why are you so afraid to take a stance?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
casa_mugrienta said:
I'm 100% serious.

This whole thing was a shitshow.
If you were being serious. Then I disagree. Every indication is that Mueller handled the investigation professionally. The conclusion is what it is and we should all respect it absent some factual basis to dispute it.

I do think Trump should have been put under oath, but he would have fought like hell against any subpoena and it would have just caused further damage.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
sizzld1 said:
casa_mugrienta said:
I'm 100% serious.

If you were being serious. Then I disagree. Every indication is that Mueller handled the investigation professionally. The conclusion is what it is and we should all respect it absent some factual basis to dispute it.

I do think Trump should have been put under oath, but he would have fought like hell against any subpoena and it would have just caused further damage.
Further damage?

What damage?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
casa_mugrienta said:
sizzld1 said:
casa_mugrienta said:
I'm 100% serious.

Further damage?

What damage?
Stoked more division, caused Trump to go on the attack even more, drawn the investigation out further, etc.

If Mueller reasonably believed he could conclude the investigation without it, I can accept that. Even though I don't necessarily like it.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
sizzld1 said:
casa_mugrienta said:
sizzld1 said:
casa_mugrienta said:
I'm 100% serious.

Further damage?

What damage?
Stoked more division, caused Trump to go on the attack even more, drawn the investigation out further, etc.

If Mueller reasonably believed he could conclude the investigation without it, I can accept that. Even though I don't necessarily like it.
So finding out about Russian collusion wasn't worth it?

Or you're sounding like there wasn't a whole lot of there there.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
No. What I'm saying is Mueller was in the best place to make the decision. We still don't know what was there.

IMO, there are many deeply concerning facts that have been confirmed through admissions and court pleadings, but Mueller was in a much better place to determine whether fighting that particular fight was likely to lead to a worth while result.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
sizzld1 said:
No. What I'm saying is Mueller was in the best place to make the decision. We still don't know what was there.

IMO, there are many deeply concerning facts that have been confirmed through admissions and court pleadings, but Mueller was in a much better place to determine whether fighting that particular fight was likely to lead to a worth while result.
"Worthwhile result"

What result, exactly?

You're implying Mueller was attempting to prove something.

I sure hope not.

The premise of this whole shitshow was Trumpster may have been Putin's puppet.

If Mueller is the kind of guy that thinks investigating every nook and cranny just isn't worth the effort..

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
You're really digging deep for a "gotcha" here. Read my posts. They aren't difficult to understand and I'm not trying to imply anything I didn't write. Mueller was charged with handling a very sensitive investigation. Part of that charge is determining the best way to go about it. I believe he did what he thought was best based on the evidence he had and what he thought he may be able to discovery by pushing further. Subpoenaing a sitting President who has indicated he would not testify voluntarily and would not submit to a subpoena from his own DOJ is a very serious decision. I have no reason to believe he did anything other than what he thought was best given the circumstance.

To be fair, "worth while result" was not a very articulate way to say what I meant....

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
sizzld1 said:
You're really digging deep for a "gotcha" here. Read my posts. They aren't difficult to understand and I'm not trying to imply anything I didn't write. Mueller was charged with handling a very sensitive investigation. Part of that charge is determining the best way to go about it. I believe he did what he thought was best based on the evidence he had and what he thought he may be able to discovery by pushing further. Subpoenaing a sitting President who has indicated he would not testify voluntarily and would not submit to a subpoena from his own DOJ is a very serious decision. I have no reason to believe he did anything other than what he thought was best given the circumstance.
At least he backed off before this point

On the other hand, he participated in putting the nation through 2 yrs of BS over nothing

He allowed massive speculation as to whether the president was a traitor

How long has he known there was no real charge?

This isn’t just an oopsie

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
I don't think there's any reason to believe that. Time will tell I guess. But, being named a special prosecutor comes with a duty to fulfill your command to the utmost of your ability using every available resource - and they are given essentially unlimited resources. Ken Starr has spoken eloquently about that aspect of the job in the past.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
BillyOcean said:
he participated in putting the nation through 2 yrs of BS over nothing

He allowed massive speculation as to whether the president was a traitor

How long has he known there was no real charge?

This isn’t just an oopsie
yup

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
What you're really attacking is the role of a special prosecutor. That's fair. But there is no reason to believe Mueller in particular did anything unethical.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
sizzld1 said:
What you're really attacking is the role of a special prosecutor. That's fair. But there is no reason to believe Mueller in particular did anything unethical.
I think we will find out whether this was ethical

On its face it seems extremely troubling that such a charge could be left out there for a couple of years and come to nothing

Don’t forget all of the govt bigwigs that fueled the speculation, Comey, Brennan, Sally Yates

Top law enforcement and intelligence people

Secret warrants

It’s crazy dude

Imagine if the state decided to throw that at you

Trump is president but he’s also a citizen with rights

This is not how stuff is supposed to work here

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
You are ignoring the many troubling facts that have come to light...and Trump's constant lying about everything Russia. The Trump Tower meeting alone was enough to warrant an investigation.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
sizzld1 said:
You are ignoring the many troubling facts that have come to light...and Trump's constant lying about everything Russia. The Trump Tower meeting alone was enough to warrant an investigation.
Why do you automatically trust them?

That is what i really can’t understand

Do you always trust police?

How is this different?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Trust who? Mueller? He didn't come to the conclusion I thought he likely would, but I have no reason to distrust him. He's had a longstanding and highly distinguished career as a public servant. He took an oath to uphold the Constitution. Every indication is that he has taken that oath seriously. If facts come out that call that into question then so be it. I'll be right there with you calling for an investigation and appropriate punishment. But, so far, there are none that I'm aware of.

To answer your other question, I do usually trust police investigations unless there is some sort of evidence that calls the particular investigation into question.