How did a dummy conservative get into Yale Law and get hired to teach at Harvard Law by Elena Kagan?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
He's not a dummy, he's a Bush guy. (I guess that's closer to the evil genius end of the spectrum?) Aren't Bush guys the kind of ilk that Trump was supposed to be draining from the system? Instead he's (re)swampifying the SCOTUS. :shrug:

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
BillyOcean said:
He’s probably smarter than W even though both went to Yale
I meant that he was heavily involved in Bush era Republican politics and all that that entails, not that he was also a legacy kid who fell one step short of being a chip off the old block.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
bird. said:
He's not a dummy, he's a Bush guy. (I guess that's closer to the evil genius end of the spectrum?) Aren't Bush guys the kind of ilk that Trump was supposed to be draining from the system? Instead he's (re)swampifying the SCOTUS. :shrug:
Nailed it

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Harvard is overrated.

I studied the writing program there and was not impressed.

It's self discovery with small classroom sizes.

That is so 1970s.

It's about an exclusive club.

Lots of dummies with resources.

Which is fine.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Look at this guy, he graduated from Wharton and he's illiterate. Literally, can't read, won't read.

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right — who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I worked on a garbage truck one summer

Most of the guys called me “College Faggot”

But one older guy took me aside and let me know his son was going to Harvard

I thought that was cool