Headed to Samara CR for a week in April - Need advice

Jun 12, 2019
I'm headed to Samara for a week in April because I've got a free place to stay. It doesn't look like the surf is much there but I've checked with both Tico's and Pato's surf shop there. Sounds like they both offer some tours. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions?

Thanks

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I hope you are going after semana de santa starting next Monday until Easter Sunday :toilet: Pretty easy to get around CR well traveled path(s) beach break after beach break in area have to scan for best sand bars. Bring grovel or daily driver or if you log bring it and if you renting car bring soft racks or straps.

Reactions: slipped_disc

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
This. Guiones and Ostional are north, Camaronal is south.
From Liberia airport but if you cross ferry coming from South from puntaranus reverse. If Guancaste is your destination hopefully you are landing in Liberia :foreheadslap:

Jun 12, 2019
I didn't get a car this time because I didn't have very good luck with rentals on the last two trips. Being there without a car was a challenge. I did make it to Camaronel one day which was 4-6 and I thought was excellent. I asked a local what he thought of the session and he said it was OK. It was a lot better than just OK if you ask me!

Also, I made it Buena Vista which is just north of Samara. Just took a taxi to the end of the road. From there, you have to cross the river but after you do that, the place was pretty much empty.