Gabriel Medina Got Robbed In Portugal, Bells and Margs (title edited due to the trifecta)

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
That's going to be a no dog. Had he hit the section in the manner you suggest the wave becomes a one-turn wave as the wave runs away. Perhaps he does a massive air and gets super duper lucky and gets a 10. Also perhaps he falls and gets a 2. Gabby did the right turn that the pace of the wave dictated. It was the biggest and fastest wave of the heat and deserved a much higher score than it got. Gabby winning didn't fit the script.
Wave selection is part of the criteria.

My point here is that GOING BY WSL CRITERIA Medina lost.

I thought he surfed better. You thought he surfed better. What we think isn’t part of the WSL criteria.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Ignores what’s going on do
and Italo can always dangle his world title at Jordy's face.

Jordy could probably kick their asses though, dude is big and spent his teen years as a criminal from what I heard (Jordy himself said he used to steal cars).
Lol, Jordy was famously soft at comps as a kid - crying and tantruming all over the show.

Durban isn’t an easy place to grow up if you’re from certain parts of town, and muggings and car jackings definitely happen to Durban surfers, but Jordy the thug isn’t really a thing. That said, I think I recall he was stabbed in Durban as a teen Walking home from school.

Gabs is probably more lover than fighter, but Italo seems like a scrapper. I can’t imagine his youth was better than Jordy’s.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I wish I could find the video where Jordy himself says he used to steal... not sure if he actually stole cars or stuff inside the cars (sorry, English failed me, I could use some pointers here). But he said It himself. It was a documentary and he was talking about his dad and his childhood.
you Don’t have to be tough to steal a car. I’d still take Italo.

eddie webster

OTF status
Aug 26, 2014
i think the right man won that heat gabby has turned into a male ballarino while cole h throws buckets and gets ugly. got to reward that

Reactions: Chocki

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
I'm not being sarcastic since my memory of past events is pretty much mush, but wasn't Barton commenting during the Brazilian storm days? Back when a brazzo could turn a heat with an air reverse on an insider or some other twirly thing? Glad he's speaking up, but I still stand by the comment that they've had their time with the judges'help.

Sorry that Gabby is taking it on the chin now. Hope he uses it as motivation.