Gabriel Medina Got Robbed In Portugal, Bells and Margs (title edited due to the trifecta)

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You guys really take this silly figure skating sport judging system seriously don't you?

With all due respect to Gabby, he might want to entertain this life lesson:

If you are being subjectively judged by people who have the ability to screw you over in so many ways--or reward you in so many ways-- you might want to consider being nice and getting along with them.

Just a thought.
Figure skating's judging is far more advanced and less subjective than surfing's.

I think Gabby knows your advice well, and coming up the way the Brazzos come up, then getting multiple contest wins and mainstream endorsement deals, has what we call "Fuck You money".

Reactions: Havoc

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
That's exactly what I'm trying to do by posting about Nat Young getting screwed over by the judges, obviously. :socrazy:
Let's see if WSL comments on underscoring Mangina. I bet they won't.

If I am right, WSL is playing Mangina, you, and the complainers.

How? By admitting that they made a mistake with Young (where it didn't matter a jot if they underscored him), they appear to be gracious and willing to admit a mistake if they make one.

Which gives them credibility when they don't admit a mistake with Mangina.

But back to my point: Mangina should stop being a tit when he loses. Let the internet complain for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Figure skating's judging is far more advanced and less subjective than surfing's.

I think Gabby knows your advice well, and coming up the way the Brazzos come up, then getting multiple contest wins and mainstream endorsement deals, has what we call "Fuck You money".
Perhaps that is because ice skating rinks don't move and the skaters all perform on the same surface?

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Perhaps that is because ice skating rinks don't move and the skaters all perform on the same surface?
It's because of how many high profile scandals they've had over the years. It was completely revamped (again) after the scandal GromsDad posted about. A given air has a base value. There's a whole other judging panel to make sure the correct edges were set on takeoff and landing, the air wasn't pre-rotated or underrotated, etc. There's a fixed amount deduction for these shortcomings.

Also IMHO the surface isn't actually the same, it basically gets choppier for each skater within a group and catching an edge where someone previously gouged the ice equals you're losing.

Anyway I do concur with you that Medina is a hothead.

Also my main critique of your judging comparison is somewhat subjective as well. We should pick other sports to mock instead of tennis and figure skating. For the plot.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Nice!

But I prefer the bikini to the tiger.

The tiger is probably a Russian. They are crazy. Plus she dresses like a tiger. Double crazy.